Those w/ Relaxed and Color Treated Hair

doniad101

Hey ladies,

Just wondering what those w/ Relaxed and Color Treated Hair use as Shampoo and Conditioners etc. or any other tips to keep your hair healthy, shiny etc.

Thanks

clap.gif
cheerleader.gif
clap.gif

:confused:Oh and sorry mods but I thought i'd get a quicker answer to what I wanted if I posted here, since only a few people are usually looking at the hair board that I am trying to ask my question to. If you need to move it I understand, but I really wanted to see what these ladies had to say. :confused:

zdazzle

I also use the Pantene line for Women of Color. I'm hooked on this shampoo and conditioner! It makes my hair so soft and silky. I tried it out a couple years ago (after refusing for so long to use anything but my beloved Cream of Nature), and haven't used anything else since. Give it a try!

xolovinyoo

my hair is hella frizzy since im hlf black, but ive tried those kinds of shampoos&conditioners, didnt really feel for em, i just like pantene or something or sunsilk :]

MACa6325xi

I like Creme Of Nature and Motions shampoo and conditioners. I have the Pantene Relaxed and Natural Shampoo and Conditioner, but I felt that it did not provide my hair with enough moisture.

L281173

I use either Mizani or Design Essential for my relaxed, highlighted hair.

Every other week, I deep condition with coconut milk and honey. I sit under a warm dryer for 45 minutes. This really restores the moisture.

Tawanalee

I have natural hair, but I love Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm conditioner. It makes my coarse hair very soft...so I know it will probably do wonders for your relaxed hair. Trying to find the right products (whether it be hair, skincare etc) is trial & error....You'll find the products that'll work for you. Good Luck!

Indigowaters

At home I use anything from Creme of Nature to Pantene (the brown bottles). At the salon my stylist only uses Mizani. At home to flat iron I use Biosilk Silk Therapy as a serum to protect my hair from heat and hold the style.
smiles.gif

captodometer

I have natural hair, but I love L'Oreal Nature's Therapy deep conditioner. It's available at Sally's; I've used it for about 10 years. It worked back in the day when I still had a relaxer.

saj20052006

Mizani Shampoo and Conditioner is great. I don't like the ones in the gold and brown bottle. Also with colored hair, you want to apply as little heat as possible. So only use flat irons and curling irons when you have to. I wear straight wraps and roller sets. I'm don't know the length of your hair but the roller set is gorgeous because you get that nice healthy bouncy do.

blazeno.8

I only use the Kera Care line for color treated hair. I use the shampoo and conditioner, but in addition to that I use the Kera Care Oil Sheen with humidity lock to keep moisture in since processing your hair really drains it of moisture. It's a very nice mist and doesn't feel heavy at all (plus it's great for getting the ends).

lilchocolatema

I have, they definitely do enhance your curl pattern significantly! I was very impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
Has anyone tried the "Mixed Chicks" products?

I'm not relaxed anymore, but when I was, I used Keracare and Mizani products. I loved Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo, and Humecto Conditioner. Mizani makes moisturefuse conditioner, which I ADORE. It was the most moisturizing healing conditioner ever, oh my goodness. I highly suggest Aveda Damage Remedy products, for relaxed and natural sistas, because they really help prevent damage before they start. I love it!!

PrettyInPink101

well ive used 3.... my mom has relaxed my sister and I's hair forever lol ... for cheaper brands i loved the cream of nature products... and then the optimum in a yellow bottle and tube... but my hair stylist.. i went 2 her 2 get my hair relaxed and not only did she use a mizani relaxer, but she also suggested i use their shampoo and conditer, and it worked super good for me!
smiles.gif

lightnlovly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmakeupjunkie
I use the Pantene line for Women of Color!!
smiles.gif

Pantene for women of color left buildup in my hair, no matter how long I rinsed it. I'll admit I can be sort of a "product junkie"--I'm always trying something new
graucho.gif
. I really love the Motions shampoo and conditioner. I use biosilk as a moisturizer. When I wear my hair curly (which is rare, since I like to get a comb through it lol) I use John Frieda relaxed and natural collection. I think the discontinued it (atleast around my area)
weeping.gif

amourbliss

i have natural hair and do not shampoo, but cowash. i use v05 conditioner (chamomile tea) and for a deep conditioner I add some coconut oil & almond oil. this routine works miracles on my once dry hair!!!