Thoughts on 242 brush?

Miss_Behave

what do you use the 242 for? can I only use it with paints and cream products or is it also a good e/s brush?

I only use my fingers for paints and CCB so I only wanna buy it if it's a good brush with e/s if ya know what I mean
smiles.gif

ancilla

242 was the first brush I ever bought
greengrin.gif
i love it for eyeshadow. i've read that 242 is good for paints, but i have not tried it yet. i usually use the 272 or my fingers for paints.

ancilla

well, since it was my first brush, i got creative and did basically everything with it for a while ^_^

if you tap the very end of it at a 90 degree angle straight down on the eyeshadow, you can even do some lining with it
greengrin.gif
(though, you won't get a super-fine line that way of course) i like that it is super skinny on the end to get right in to tight corners. i think it is pretty versatile. it is also good for packing lots of color on the lid.

Jennifer Mcfly

I bought this brush b/c a MAC makeup artist told me it was great for packing color on the lid. I was looking for a brush to do just that! So I bought it with high hopes, only to be let down. I now use it mainly for putting on Paints and sometimes CCBS. Very rarely I use it with mixing medium and eyeshadow but I don't find it versatile at all! I got the 239 for packing color on the lid and I'm so much happier with it!

Piaqua

I only really use it for paints, though sometimes I'll use it for concealor (don't have a good conc. brush yet). I used to apply paints with my finger, but I am glad I have the 242, it saves my fingers the mess (LOL), but mostly, I like the coverage it gives with paints better. With my finger, the paint would be really thin on my lid, and so I wouldn't get a great color pop from the shadows on top of it, like I do now when I use the 242, and it would still crease on me a bit during the day.

If you KNOW you're not going to use it for paints or CCBs though, I'd skip it, those are really what this brush is intended for, and there are much better eyeshadow brushes out there
smiles.gif

lindsay

^ i definitely agree. i use my 242 for paints, CCBs, and to blend shadesticks. i also use it for concealor (my wonderfully amaaaazing MA recommended it to me for that) and i love it, i find it to be the perfect size. the 239 and 224 are definitely better for e/s IMO.

marykelancey

I LOVE my 242 brush. I have several because I use them for everthing. Concealer is why I first bought it... long before the 190, 192, and 194. But now I use it after concealer to apply a dash of powder under my eyes. It allows the "fallen" eyeshadow that lands on my cheekbone to be dusted off before I set the entire look with my final powder. You can use it to apply a thin liner like line to eyes but 219 and 266 are best for that. It is not good for blending though.

Latest posts