thoughts on Amuse

mima

hands down this is my favourite mac collection of 2006 so far.

shooting star msf is so pretty on my nc44 skin, and every single e/s duo is gorgeous. the texture is almost creamy, and highly pigmented, and when worn over select coverup as a base on my oily eyelids, the e/s didn't budge and stayed true to colour for about 10 hours. yesterday TOTAL strangers including an MA from another counter (biotherm) came up to me to say my eyes/eye makeup looked gorgeous (i was wearing the illusionary burning ambition duo with a tiny bit of carbon blended into the crease and blacktrack to line on top and graphic brown to line on bottom).
smiles.gif

the lipsticks are more unique than the typical colours MAC puts out with LE collections. i got charm factor which i never thought i'd pull off and didn't even want to try but my fave MA insisted and goodness, it looks gorgeous! very nice with a liner but subtle and pretty without one too.

ciao manhattan is as cute as its name, and looks even more sparkly and beautiful in the sunlight.

all three fluidlines are FANTASTIC. i thought lithiograph would be boring but it has this hint of blue that makes it extraordinary with my brown eyes. new weed is like a cross between shade and sweet sage and i guess technically if you have both of those you could mix it but i'm lazy and it is just too strikingly beautiful a green to pass up. and it has the good texture, not the soft texture of delphic and those other fluidlines. and finally, i'm no fan of brown eyeliner on my dark skintone, but graphic brown is a rich shimmery teddy in fluidline format and so so attractive.

i was expecting it but it is still a shock that all 3 msfs and all 5 e/s duos are sold out on the canadian site.

also, the msf pricing really is all over the place. i've heard of many different prices in the US, and in canada, it is 50 cents more on the website (28.50) than it was at my mac counter.

anyway, yes, i agree, the colours in the e/s duos are pretty similar to other e/s colours, but they are still subtly different and the texture is to die for.
smiles.gif

for those of you debating your purchases, i urge you to buy everything you want from amuse that you can afford, because they are exceptional and because you just know they'll be going for insane prices on ebay pretty soon. so if you think about it, you're SAVING money by buying them now
smiles.gif

aziajs

Yeah...the whole collection is amazing. It's my favorite since Culturebloom and I actually like this one more.

SMMY

This is definitely my favorite collection by MAC this year too. I haven't been disappointed by any of the items I've received so far. I am actually considering ordering backups of the msfs and eye shadow duos in some colors because of the quality of the items. The colors are so flattering for me it's hard to resist the temptation to order more.

And Shooting Star is divine.
greengrin.gif

user79

I can't wait for that stuff to arrive in August here in Switzerland!! It all looks so pretty and I may even get a lipstick (which I hardly ever do).

AudreyNicole

I love this collection too, and unfortunately I am in the midst of a major budget crunch so I could only get half of what I wanted. I still ended up with 2 MSFs and 2 of the fluidlines, and 1 lipstick and love them all. Hopefully I will be able to the rest of my wishlist. This is the first collection ever that I bought the majority of. I am very impressed!

mzcelaneous

I am in LOVE with A Muse
eyelove.gif
. I think my DF is even jealous 'cause all I do is play with my duos/MSF's and just look at them hah. Most definitely the best collection in a loonnnng time.

pugmommy7

oooh the texture of the mineralized eyeshadows is just divine!
eyelove.gif

I gor shimpage,pp,factory made lg and 2 shadows.
i really think i should go back for new weed fl
graucho.gif

I am basking in the afterglow
smiles.gif

Shimmer

the texture of the MSFs with this release seems to be softer than the textures with the earlier releases, or at least compared to the ones I already have (stereo rose, pp, naked you, and petticoat) it seems to be softer.

juli

well put mima! I agree with you 100%+1. I am like in love with Amuse collection. I get eyegasm just looking at them!!!

BlahWah

*eyes shut tight* Don't read, dangerous text for tight budget!

...but I saw something about Lithograph... and New Weed... and.. aww crap...:crap:

stellarx1587

I wasn't too crazy about Lithograph. It was just a flat charcoal gray. So I ended up passing on that. Plus I've never been one to rock gray liner. I'm still debating on New Weed. I have Sweet Sage and Shade, so I'm pretty torn on whether or not to get that f/l. I caved and got all the duo's and 2 l/s & l/g. As well as Shooting Star & Shimpagne MSF's. I'm pretty pleased w/ this collection overall. I'm probably taking a break after this one. Gotta save the funds for UNTAMED!!! I can pass on the new Technacolor e/s for sure. NONE of the new e/s are enticing me...

bellaetoile

shooting star far exceeded my expectations. its the perfect color on my nc42 skin, not too tan, like gold deposit, not too dark, like metal rock, and not too pink, like stereo rose. and it just has a certain something that so ceylon doesn't. i definately need at least one back-up. porcelain pink and shimpagne don't thrill me, because i've had them both for awhile.

the mineralize duos were a LOT nicer than the older mineralize shadows, which i don't care for. the LA pro store was sold out of them when i went, so i'll go to nordies or the freestanding this weekend, and get the red/gold one, the black/white one, and possibly one other. if funds permitted, i'd buy all of them, but i just can't do it right now, since i'm not working, and just bought my sidekick III, lol.

15 minutes is a gorgeous, super pale, oxygen-deprived color on my nc42 skin. doesn't sound appealing, but its so hot. i love amplified cremes, and this one is no different. over prep and prime lip and whirl lipliner, it creates the perfect nude matte glossy color. i B2Med it, and am so glad i did. same with charm factor. similarly nude and glossy, with a hint of shimmer. these two will probably become my favorite lipsticks for summer. i had pink maribu from lingerie, and again, love it. blonde on blonde didn't excite me, for some reason.

haven't checked out the fluidlines. we'll see...i might, but like i say, i just spent $400 on a phone, on top of the pink razr i bought last year, so i really can't spend a lot more cash on more fluidlines, when i sold off the ones i had because i never used them..

also, didn't get excited over the lipglasses, because i'm finding more and more, that i prefer lipsticks, pro longwears, or TLC pots, for those light makeup days.

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
great post!
iagree.gif

Amen!!!

I'm going to be soo broke, it's so bbad for my wallet that collections come out later in the Netherlands than in the US/canada, cuz I've been listening to raves for a couple of weeks and I want to buy everything!!!
graucho.gif

trishee03

I only bought Heat/Element e/s and Charm Factor l/s. The rest of the eyeshadows seemed pretty close to other eyeshadows and/or pigments I already have. It was tempting though cuz they look so pretty in their packages.

Latest posts