Thoughts on D'Bohemia?

blepharisma

Hey kids!

I was hoping people would post their thoughts on the new colours after seeing them in real life...

As usual, I have some questions:

- How close are d'Bohemia eye shadow and Paradisco?

- How bright is Deck Chair pigment? How does it compare to Melon pigment?

Cheers!

glittergoddess27

The second question is answered on the thread "Clear Pics of D'Bohemia",... Since the D'bohemia main pic is that shadow, I am all for it,.. seems to be much more orangey-not nearly as shimmery?

lemurian

D'Bohemia e/s is way brighter/more orange than Paradisco. The texture is also not so bad for a Lustre -- it goes on bright and pigmented (but still a bit crumbly). Lots of sparkle in this one.. very pretty
smiles.gif

Oceanique had a very unusual green cast to it, which I didn't expect. Prose & Fancy e/s is a green-teal that went beautifully with D'Bohemia, but was sort of flat on it's own. I expected to want this, but in the end I didn't buy it.

The pigments are all very, very sheer. Deckchair doesn't go on anything like the orange it appears in the container. It's a sheer, shimmery pale peach, not gold like Melon.

In general, this collection was way too warm for me, with the exception of Retrodaze(?) l/s, which is the only thing I bought
smiles.gif
It's so pretty and sparkly and glossy and pink! I'm not even sure how it snuck it's way into this collection...

Oh, and the coral-colored lipglass was gorgeous! I can't remember the name (Beaute, maybe), but if I were one to wear bright coral lipgloss (or if I liked lipglass at all) I'd have bought two
smiles.gif

Latest posts