Thoughts on Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation?

pink_lily82

I just got this foundation last week from Walgreen's and love it so far. It's lightweight but buildable in my opinion. I use a 187 brush to stipple it on and this gives it a flawless look. I liked it so much that I got a backup from Ulta since they were having a BOGO 50% deal and it's only 7.99 online!

Has anyone else tried it and if so, what are your thoughts? Also what other brushes have you tried with it?

Junkie

I found it a bit dry...it also seems to cake up on my face (I'm super oily). My cousin though - swears by it. Her skin is the exact opposite of mine. Maybe I just need to use a lighter hand or different brush, but I didn't like it - or any mousse foundation for that matter, not just Maybelline. I'll have to give it another go sometime....just gotta finish up all my other foundations first.

pink_lily82

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetwater
Anyone know what at a good color match for this is for an NC35?

I am between NC25 and NC30 right now and I wear Creamy Natural. It matches me really well. So maybe Natural Beige or Pure Beige might work for you?

xJessyCat

I've heard so many good things about this! I want to try it but I'm worried about finding a color match... I'm NW15. I have an older Maybelline foundation in the lightest color and it's too dark. =(

jacquiqui

i'm really liking this foundation but i got one too dark for me. i'm a NC25 but on the lighter side and 200 creamy natural was too dark, so i'm going to try out 180 nude beige. i've used a 187 and the sephora T.I. natural foundation brush and it works much better. the 187 looks a bit streaky, while the sephora brush really buffs it in. it does take longer since it's a smaller brush, but it works so much better.

Rioselva

I actually really like it. I have dry skin, with lots of red on my cheeks. It covers the redness pretty well. I do need a powder over it, as it is shiny. But then again, it's 100 degrees outside here.

wetwater

So I bought this the other day. I do have oily skin, but thought I'd try it anyway. So far, I don't like it at all.

One of my main problems with this is that it leaves my skin feeling..sticky...after applying it. I've heard so many people say it's light-weight and feels like nothing is on, but it just seems so sticky to me. Does anyone else have this problem? I've tried setting with powder, but it's still sticky.

Dayjoy

I would so love to try this. One cool thing is that there were testers in the store. Unfortunately it doesn't come any darker than Caramel Dark 2 and I wear Cocoa Dark 3--which is actually one of the best drugstore matches for me. If they expand the color selection I'll be all over this. I have dry-ish skin and am not too fond of matte finishes.

laulovesbilly

UGH!
angry.gif
So after all this time of me going back and forth trying to decide if I was going to buy this, I finally picked it up. I don't have a reference to MAC foundations because I don't wear it. But I wear Revlon Photoready in Cappuccino and Laura Mercier TM in Walnut. So I picked up 350-Caramel. It's a wonderful color match....on the surface. This foundation is very yellow toned IMO and I'm more orange/red toned. I put this on my face and I took a picture and I looked ashy. I put some powder over it, still looked ashy and also green/gray. I was so upset! It has a lovely texture and the right coverage. I will say I've been wearing it right now for about...4-5 hrs and it finally stopped looking ashy on me. I don't have that kinda time to wait for my makeup to set. Oh well...

PeppermintMocha

I read good reviews about this foundation lately and since this post was last updated since last year, I was wondering if anymore people have tried this foundation.

Plus, what would you recommend for NC25-NC30 that has asian (yellow) undertone?

Thanks in advance! :)

chihullomac

One of my main problems with this is that it leaves my skin feeling..sticky...after applying it. I've heard so many people say it's light-weight and feels like nothing is on, but it just seems so sticky to me. Does anyone else have this problem? I've tried setting with powder, but it's still sticky.
This is a problem for me...i like to test it out before buying because you never know until after you buy it. I hate to do returns, its such a hassel..