• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

***Three ES Colours + Two Looks = One Awesome Tutorial Experience!**

ch33tah

Hay Ladies. ;]

Ok, so I just did this tutorial to show how to use these three colours to create a day time look, and then how to add a bit of drama to bring it over to a night time look.

Showcase Colours:
Expensive Pink
Amber Lights
Vanilla Pigment

Before I begin, let me list out the products I used.

Face
MAC Strobe Cream
Smashbox Foundation Primer
MAC Mineralized Satin Finish in NW20
MAC Select Concealer in NW20
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Light
Nars Blush in Orgasm

Eyes
MAC Shadestick in Beiging
MAC Eyeshadow in Expensive Pink
MAC Eyeshadow in Amber Lights
MAC Pigment in Vanilla
MAC Eyeshadow in Pompous Blue
MAC Eye Liner Pencil in Ebony
Lancome Definicils Mascara in Black
Quo Eyebrow Powder (unknown colour name)

Lips
Chapstick Naturals
Nars Lipgloss in Orgasm
MAC Lipgloss Viva Glam IV
MAC Creamstick Lipliner in Smoothberry

Brushes

Ok, so I skipped the face part of this tutorial. Pretty straight forward if you ask me. I have done another tutorial that goes into how i apply my foundation/powder/blusher so feel free to check that one out. Only major difference is that past tutorial I used the Studio Stick which is quite a bit thicker than the Mineralized Satin Finish I used this time. The application is very much the same. I use my fingers to spread the product around and even out my skin tone.

So the first photo shows my primed face. I've applied the Strobe Cream, Foundation Primer (a must have for EVERYONE! even if you don't wear foundation), Mineralized Satin Finish, Mineralized Skinfinish applied with the 182 Buffer Brush, and Narsh Orgasm Blush applied with my 187.
step01.jpg

The first step on the eyes is to apply a colour base. I love using the Shadestick in Beiging. It's a nice neutral colour and the finish really helps the eyeshadows and pigments adhere to the skin and last all day with out creasing! I apply all over the lid and up to the crease, no real need to go all the way up to the brow bone as I want the Vanilla Pigment to be subtle.

Here's a tip for applying the Shadestick: I like to heat up the end of the shade stick with my hair dryer for about 10 seconds to warm up the product, so it glides on smoother and doesn't pull the delicate eyelid skin. Always work the eyelids with the most delicate touch as the skin is very thin and can wrinkle easily! I recommend using the pads of the ring finger, as this finger applies the least ammount of pressure compared to all the other ones! A tip my mom passed down to me
smiles.gif

Here's the Beiging.
step02.jpg

I then packed my 213 brush with Expensive Pink
step03.jpg

And applied from the middle of my eyelid to the outter corners not taking too much care on how dark it goes, or if I'm a little sloppy. It will get cleaned up a bit later.
step04.jpg

The finished look is this:
step05.jpg

I clean off my 213 brush on a towel and then pack it with Amber Lights
step06.jpg

Work the inner corners to the middle of the eye lid, meeting up, yet taking care not to overlap with the Expensive Pink
step07.jpg

As you can see, it's quite dramatic and very umm.... well a bit too much. One of the reasons I love the Vanilla Pigment so much, is that it's great for toning down really overpowering eyeshadows.

A tip for working with Pigments. Tightly close the container, and turn it upside down, tapipng a few times. Gently turn over and screw off lid. There should be a good deposit of the pigment on the clear lid. Work with the pigment on the lid instead of dipping the brush in the pot. You are more able to control the amount of pigment the brush picks up this way.

So with that being said, here's a quick photo of my 222 brush picking up some Vanilla Pigment from the lid.
step08.jpg

I chose the Vanilla pigment for this look because of the golden undertones playfully hidden in the soft white. They will work nicely with the gold tones in the Expensive Pink and of course the Amber Lights. The Vanilla is a warmer colour, rather than using lets say Phloof! or some other white toned eyeshadow.

So I sloppily dab my eyelids with the vanilla pigment. Looks like it snowed on my eyelids and lashes. :b All of the fall-off pigment that's landed on my cheeks and below my eyes, I just take my 187 and flick off the powder. The nice thing about Vanilla pigment is it also works as a great highlighter, so I may just gently swirl the 187 over the tops of my cheek bones as well. Waste not want not eh?
step09.jpg

I then dust off my 222 brush and gently blend the vanilla pigment, pulling the colour gently from the brow bone down into the lid. gently sweeping in a small circular motion in the area where the colours overlap. I would not suggest using the 'windshield wiper' motion, as I don't want the colours to all blend into a pink/gold/white look, rather just to tone down the colours, yet still show them separately.

The finished look:
step10.jpg

step11.jpg

I then curled my eye lashes and applied two coats of Lancome Definicils mascara. Instead of pulling the brush up and out, I pull the brush almost sideways, dragging the lashes through the brush, but pulling them out to the side. this creates a more dramatic look, rather than venus fly trap lashes. (if that makes any sense at all!) I do the same process with my bottom lashes. I attack the bottom lashes with teh brush from UNDER the lashes, curling the brush and pulling it out to the side. I then took my angled brush and dipped it in the soft brown brow shadow to fill in my brows and create a more even arch between the two. I also sweep some gloss on. I love Nars Orgasm because the peachy/pinky/golden colours work well with the shadows and of course the blush

Here's the finished look:
step13.jpg

So this look is pretty bright and cheerfull... pretty nice for day time. Now if I wanted to glam it up a bit and create some more drama for going out at night... I only do three things:
pick a really bright contrasting colour for lining the bottom lid, line the upper lids and tightline with a nice black liner, line the lips and add a darker gloss.

So I take my 266 brush and wipe on some Pompous Blue like so:
step15.jpg

I then start just a bit outside the inner lower lash line and pull the brush out fanning a bit at the end. If it's too dark at the end, no worries, I just go over that area with the 222 brush and the Vanilla to lighten up a bit. Not a fan of the Q-Tip with eye make up remover method, as it takes off all the other layers of eyeshadow.
step16.jpg

Ok, so for tightlining, I have a special method that I'll share with everyone.
What I do, is take my Ebony Pencil and rub it on the end of my 266 brush until enough of the colour has come off on the ends.
step17.jpg

Here you can get a good view of the end of the brush
step18.jpg

What I do next is a bit tricky, and proved rather difficult to capture on photo. :b I pull up on my eye lid by pressing my finger gently on my upper lashes to expose the water line. I then take the 266 brush and dab gently on the water line, and then press up into the lash line to fully cover any skin with Ebony. The first time is a bit tricky, but once you get used to the technique, it can be done in a matter of seconds.
smiles.gif

step19.jpg

I didn't take any photos of my lip lining and application of gloss, as that's pretty straight forward. ;]

But here is the finished, more dramatic result.

finished.jpg

Thank you for looking
smiles.gif

I also wanted to post a photo of my new hair cut/colour. I'll admit, it's not a whole lot different than how it was before, but I had a few shades of blonde, tobacco and copper colours put throughout my hair and a bit of a trim. I just love wearing it smooth and shiney.

shineyhair1-small.jpg

THanks for looking. And as always, if y'all have any questions, just ask away and I'll be happy to answer :]

-Victoria

Janice

Wonderful! That's neat you added the extra steps on how to spice up a look for evening.
thmbup.gif

ETA - Love the new hair too, the color and cut compliment you!
smiles.gif

Ciara

Very pretty.....i need to get me some amber lights
and some vanilla pigment
thanks!!!!!

user79

Moved the thread to the Entries section, deleted the second thread.

BTW, in the future, ladies who post their thread in the normal Tutorial section and want to enter it in the contest, please just send me a PM and I will happily move your thread to the right place! This prevents duplicate threads.

This is a lovely look Victoria, and I love the hair.

ch33tah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Moved the thread to the Entries section, deleted the second thread.

BTW, in the future, ladies who post their thread in the normal Tutorial section and want to enter it in the contest, please just send me a PM and I will happily move your thread to the right place! This prevents duplicate threads.

This is a lovely look Victoria, and I love the hair.

Thanks Jules...

i was wondering how I get the topic in here w/ out dblpostin. teehehee

aren't you supposed to be out at the cabin today? or are you there now? so confused.

Latest posts