Throwback Relationships

Lauren1981

If you have any, tell your most desperate & embarrassing relationship moment.
I have QUITE a few being the Libra that I am (and the dramatic i used to be) but one stands out for me:

this guy i dated in college who was BLATANTLY cheating on me wouldn't answer his phone one night and i thought he had a girl at his place so i had my friend take me to his house. i start banging on his door, do you know this motherfucker ran out his back door and i heard him because i heard twigs snapping. so ran and hid behind this tree and my dumbass chased him out from behind the tree yelling "why are you doing this to me??!!" crying and shit, snot running down my face and in the midst of that had the nerve to tell him i loved him...... like SUPER dramatic "I LOVE YOU!!!!!! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!"

anyone that has a story, PLEASE share. as bad as we thought those situations were it's freaking hilarious to look back on that and just laugh!!!

gildedangel

About a year after my first relationship (my sophmore year in high school) the guy wanted to get back together with me. We met down by the river and talked about it, made out for awhile and then he changed his mind. I pushed him into the river.
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
I dated a guy for 8 months because i was bored.
How dumb is that?

lol this is the story of my life. Before I met my husband, most guys were kinda "entertainment" to me. I would date ppl for 6-7 months and move on coz I was bored :/

User38

Before I remarried I met a Canadian guy and was so in love I moved to the Dominican Republic.. it was a great love affair but he was jealous, possessive and controlling. I did not realize that hsi being so attractive physically and successful in business made him a magnet for too many women... until he left his laptop open. I was getting dressed and he had gone off to work --I did not want to look but I did. Good mistake!

I saw that he had been communicating online with at least five women and that one of them was his prior relationship.

I met him for lunch and told him I was leaving him -- his eyes teared up but he knew. I did not even want to mention what I had seen.. just that he had broken my trust in him and that it was over. I got up, and picked up the bottle of wine and very nicely dumped it on his head.

I still miss him sometimes..lolol.

NernersHuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
About a year after my first relationship (my sophmore year in high school) the guy wanted to get back together with me. We met down by the river and talked about it, made out for awhile and then he changed his mind. I pushed him into the river.
smiles.gif

I kind of love you for this.

I dated a guy off and on in college. I was going through my "savior" phase and thought my love could be the love that would "ease his troubled soul." Long story short, one restraining order (for threatening my roommate and I) and then also finding out he had been beating up his OTHER girlfriend for years, I decided I needed to be single for a while in order to work on my judgement.

I shudder to think of it now. To this day I don't know why he never raised a hand to me but did frequently to the other girlfriend. This was 13 years ago but I still wonder about her and hope she got away from him.

kaliraksha

I broke up with my first boyfriend because out of jealousy he stabbed my best guy friend in the arm with a mechanical pencil during after school Math club. Wow, that sounds so made up.

AlliSwan

OMG I'm loving these stories...I wish mine were this amusing! I can totally relate to dating out of boredom, though.

My worst stories are:
1) The guy I was with for a year (we lived 90 minutes apart, though) and was totally in love with. We had a great weekend, he assured me he was just stressed about school when I asked why he was being weird, we had sex, and I drove home to find an EMAIL saying he couldn't do the long distance any more. He didn't answer his phone for 2 weeks, then out of the blue IM'd me saying he'd be home later if I still wanted to "chit chat."

and 2) The guy I was with for 4 years who ended things (after pushing for marriage for monnnnths) because we were "going in different directions." Found out the real reason was that he'd knocked up his white trash roommate. They're married with a kid in a lame town, I'm moving to NYC for my dream job next week--I win!

MrsMay

I was going out with a guy in high school for 3 months, and found out that he had been cheating on me with at least 3 other girls the whole time.

I dumped his ass promptly after that and the week after (April fools day) I called him from school and told him I was pregnant. Strung him along for about 15 mins before I said "Happy April Fools Day Asshole" and hung up.

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
I broke up with my first boyfriend because out of jealousy he stabbed my best guy friend in the arm with a mechanical pencil during after school Math club. Wow, that sounds so made up.

it does sound made up! lmfao! that's what makes it so funny
winks.gif

lmao @ "after school math club"

ginger9

In my foolish days when I couldn't decipher diamonds from the glass. I meet two best friends, one of them whom was a really good guy who liked me but like an idiot I decided I liked his friend the player instead.

He would stand me up all the time, so badly that I waited downstairs at his building for 40mins one night, I even drove to pick him up. (super stupid I know!) He gave me some lame excuse that his mother from overseas had called him. He always gave me the impression that I was the only one so I still hung on until one night talking on the phone he said he'd call me "right back" and didn't do so until two weeks later. I would call this a defining moment but when he called back I had realized what a jerk he was and how I was wasting my time with him. He still tried his usual bs with me, he'd call and say he'd missed me so much and invited me to his bday party at a dance club, I decided if I had any sense I wouldn't go to his party. I still went to the same club with friends that night, yes, I wanted to spy on him! I sat in a corner where he couldn't see and wore a hat that covered half my face and I watched him getting all cozy and flirty with another girl! He was the first player I encountered and I laugh at how naive I was back then. He facebooked me a while back and he still says bs like "you are as beautiful as I remember you were back then". LOL what a lame ass!! And often I feel slightly guilty tiny bit regretful I wasn't smart enough to have choosen his friend who was a great guy and really sweet to me. But I chalk it up as a learning experience!!

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren1981
it does sound made up! lmfao! that's what makes it so funny
winks.gif

lmao @ "after school math club"

I'm sorry to say it's true... just putting it all in words together sounds completely nuts.

moopoint

When I was young, I dated this player I was crazy about. He dumped me 2 days before Christmas and I was shattered. I cried all through the holidays, ruining my time with my family.

About a year and a half ago (around thanksgiving) we started chatting via Facebook and he said we had to meet. So we did. He expressed his undying love for me (lol) and told me he had to have me back, he'd do anything. I laughed and said no.

He texted me a few days later and said that I crushed him and ruined his thanksgiving with his family.

Pffft. We're even. Karma's a bitch.

BeccalovesMAC

ok I know Im gonna sound like a freaken scum bag but when I was younger(im 30 now) I use to date guys just so they can buy me things. Im too old for that crap now. I didnt even care how bad it made me look at that time. Now I have been with my man for a long time. I buy him everything. lol

Lapis

Hmm my first heart break, and I knew shit was up.
I went on vacation called his house and a chick answered and hung up on me, he answered when I called back and said it was his roommates girl, whatever I knew her, why would be hang up when I asked for him??
I gave his clothes to the dog when I got back, he loved the dog and it loved his over priced clothing
girl_devil.gif

I had a long term booty call that everyone else considered a relationship because we were great friends, but damn the sex complicated shit, cause I knew I didn't want to marry his ass but when you are having sex and basically from business associates to ex's have it that you are a couple, it's hard to explain.
Anyway his high school sweet heart was a LOON and he knew it, but that didn't stop him from saying yes when 3 months after she contacted him after almost 20 years, she proposed, he had the heart to ask my blessing when we were in bed, after a great dinner and sex
th_LMAO.gif

Oh and I gave it, pity the marriage only lasted 9 months
th_dunno.gif
and I had jack shit to do with it ending, she was nuts she made him go downstairs to pee at night, bitched about a single hair in the sink and called his kids bastards
nope.gif

florabundance

ahhh I love this thread, made me laugh so much!
i lol'ed IRL @ "I LOVE YOU WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME" ahahahaha. i could so see myself in that position.

Mine is pretty standard. My first bf had complete and UTTER control over me...but he was my first EVERYTHING (why are the firsts such losers?)...he basically used to insist upon me calling him prior to meeting up, so he could give me a final answer as to whether it would go ahead or not!!!
like, WTF was i thinking accepting rules from some jerk.
shockt.gif

anyways 7 times out of 10 he wouldn't answer his phone. so i'd be going round all my friends at school to use their phones to call him so he wouldn't see what a deranged loser in desperate need of his affection i truly was.
th_crazy2.gif

The best part? this relationship lasted TWO YEARS. needless to say, he up and left and broke my heart BUT i'm glad it happened. not only can i laugh at it now, but i know what i deserve in a relationship..and i sure as hell know what i don't!!

ForgetRegret

Oh my...these are all really amusing...I wish mine was half as funny...but here goes...and I'll try to make a long story short;
Was dating a waaaaaay clingy guy....ugh...told him about it...he got even MORE clingy. I got angry. One night we were messing around, and I was...well...being VERY nice to him, if you get what I'm saying...and the little f*^#$HUIEFHOW#IRU(*@Y$(*@U(#&*$Y(*U@$()_@()% fell asleep. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I gave his family jewels a firm tug to wake his @ss up, and walked out...told him we were done. ...after not talking to him for almost a month...I was out with my girl one night, and we stopped at a diner to grab some food...he called my phone about 10 times...finally I answered, and he was CRYING because I broke up with him...he was very drunk...and was crying, and telling me he had just "vomited". WTF? I didn't need to know that!! I hung up on him and turned my phone off. I had 6 more messages the next day. Grr.