Ticked off at Bank of America!! GRRR!!

Stephie Baby

I've had sooo many problems with BOA lately. I have a checking and savings. I hardly ever use my savings except for the keep the change stuff. At the end of each month, I take all the extra change that has accumulated in my savings and I move it to my checking. Well since February, I've been getting this stupid maintenance fee charged to my savings. Well this charge causes me to overdraft my savings. Well I've called 3 different times and each time, they remove it and say it won't happen again. Well it hasn't happened for June, thank god! I just checked my accounts and I have a $25 charge to my savings!! Which causes my account to overdraft again!!!!!!
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

I have no clue what it is, except that its from BOA. Its still pending, so I should know by tomorrow what it is.

Has anyone else had problems like this with Bank of America???? If I can't call and get this fixed, I'm going to the bank!!!
girl_devil.gif

Sorry I just had to rant. Lol.

M.A.C. head.

I've heard pretty much only bad about BOA and I don't like them either.

My husband went in to cancel is account a few weeks ago. So they did all the stuff and gave him his remaining money. Then, after he's left, they call him and tell him that they couldn't close his account because there was an over draft fee...

He had bought something several days before he went in to close it. It sat there "pending" and hadn't gone through, but he didn't know that. So then he takes all the money out and they give him a fee :/

Well he called and tore them a new one and he doesn't have to pay it, but still, ridiculous.

MAC_mallory

I use BOA, and I think that the fees they give can be ridiculous sometimes. tehy charged me $2 just for CHECKING MY BALANCE at a non BOA atm!!!
.. I do love the free checking/savings for students, though!

lainz

i think you have to have a certain amount in your savings so they wont charge you the $25 a month

Stephie Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lainz
i think you have to have a certain amount in your savings so they wont charge you the $25 a month

I have the college student accounts. Its free and theres not a required limit. I could think it was something like that, but I've had these accounts for over a year. This crazy stuff didn't start happening till February.

The bad thing is I stopped using BOA in November because they let a company withdraw $500 from my account, which overdrafted it. Lol. I started using my accounts again and this stuff happens.

I have a checking with National City too, but they are sooooooooo slow at processing stuff. It takes like a week for something to post on my account.
thmbdn.gif

Distinque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie Baby
I have the college student accounts. Its free and theres not a required limit. I could think it was something like that, but I've had these accounts for over a year. This crazy stuff didn't start happening till February.

The bad thing is I stopped using BOA in November because they let a company withdraw $500 from my account, which overdrafted it. Lol. I started using my accounts again and this stuff happens.

I have a checking with National City too, but they are sooooooooo slow at processing stuff. It takes like a week for something to post on my account.
thmbdn.gif

Usually with college student accounts there's an ending date. Check to see if your account is still considered to be a college student account. College student accounts are usually promotional. BOA might require you to show proof that you are a college student annually by showing your student registration. BOA should be able to see what type of fee charge was applied to your account once the charge has gone through and no longer in a pending mode.

Hope this helps

Stephie Baby

So I finally called BOA yesterday and I told the lady the situation about my savings. She removed the charge from my savings account, but she couldn't tell me what the charge was. She did say it was actually a merchant or a business. BOA doesn't have access to view savings charges I guess. I don't get how someone could charge my savings account like that. I asked if it could be a glich in the computers and she said "no I'm positive its a merchant." She told me that I would receive a letter within 5 days showing the merchant or whatever.

When I purchase stuff from people on here or Ebay, can they see my account numbers to my bank and CC? Or can they just process a transaction without me going through Paypal?

aeroSOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
I've heard pretty much only bad about BOA and I don't like them either.

My husband went in to cancel is account a few weeks ago. So they did all the stuff and gave him his remaining money. Then, after he's left, they call him and tell him that they couldn't close his account because there was an over draft fee...

He had bought something several days before he went in to close it. It sat there "pending" and hadn't gone through, but he didn't know that. So then he takes all the money out and they give him a fee :/

Well he called and tore them a new one and he doesn't have to pay it, but still, ridiculous.

OMG!!!! what a ko-ink-a-dink!!!
I hate BOA...the only thing that is okay about bofa is when you have student checking, you have basically one "pass" on an overdraft fee.

so i went to close my account, i had bought a fountain soda the day before, so i had like 1.34 PENDING...so the female(im not gonna say b***h) gave me everything but 1.34 and told me to come in the next day and ill be able to cancel my account completely...soooo... i go back... it's a diffrent female, but the one from the day before was the 'window' next to me... and the lady tells me i can't cancel my account untill i pay the overdraft fee.... and i told her what happend yesterday and said that the gal next to you is the one who did this for me and said it would be fine, all i had to do was go in the next day and cancel it after the 1.34 went through... so the female just looked at me with the "youre lying" look... and i was being so nice about it, and my grandmother was with me the day before, and on this day, and confirmed what happend.. so i paid the late fee and cancled it and they asked the reason why i wanted to no-longer bank with them... and i simply said 'citibank is on the next block, and i'd rather go there than here'
ive had a lot of problems with bofa, from my paychecks not being avalible when the tellers tell me they were, to funds not clearing when they say they have.. and then them not recognizing they tell me one thing, when it's the next thing..
ive been at citibank for about 1.5 years... i love it... i'm never leaving...hahaha.

or, another good idea is...GO TO A LOCAL BANK....like a bank that started in your county. "bank among friends" they are not like big corporate banks, they are actually funded by people living in your community.

aeroSOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie Baby
So I finally called BOA yesterday and I told the lady the situation about my savings. She removed the charge from my savings account, but she couldn't tell me what the charge was. She did say it was actually a merchant or a business. BOA doesn't have access to view savings charges I guess. I don't get how someone could charge my savings account like that. I asked if it could be a glich in the computers and she said "no I'm positive its a merchant." She told me that I would receive a letter within 5 days showing the merchant or whatever.

When I purchase stuff from people on here or Ebay, can they see my account numbers to my bank and CC? Or can they just process a transaction without me going through Paypal?

another thing about BofA... they cant tell you what charges are for, or anything... they can only tell you the amount.. you have to wait for you statement OR go to the online banking thing and see it there...
and... you're not allowed to make more than 3 transfers from your savings to your checking or your account might be closed without you knowing. what i did is i had 2 checking accounts for my bofa, and i would use one as i would a savings account.

paypal dosent show any of your account numbers to other people. they do it as a transfer type thing. it's private.

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_mallory
I use BOA, and I think that the fees they give can be ridiculous sometimes. tehy charged me $2 just for CHECKING MY BALANCE at a non BOA atm!!!
.. I do love the free checking/savings for students, though!

That's what most banks do. And, they do it because you can pretty much call their automated lines or log on for bank info.

Lapis

Well I'll give you some advice don't go to Washington Mutual!! If you think BoA is bad they take it to another level of suckiness
thmbdn.gif

scorplove

I've heard nothing, but bad things about BOA for years. If you want to pay a utility bill using the utility company's automated cc number, they will not accept BOA or Wells Fargo. Don't know why, but they must have a good reason.

What turned me off about BOA was when they charged me $5.00 to cash my company payroll check. I was temping at the time and wanted ALL MY MONEY not just a couple of hundred dollars that Washington Mutual would let me have. Do you know they had the NERVE to ask me if I wanted an account with them???!!! I was like NO THANK YOU.

Like, how could you ask me to open an account with you after charging me Five Freakin Dollars to cash a check that is DRAWN ON YOUR BANK??!!

All I hear is horror stories with them. I'm with Citi now and love it. The best bank by far and located EVERYWHERE. Washington Mutual was a trip!

astronaut

I have a savings account with hardly any money in it :x Well, I started getting charged a fee so I went in and said I wanted to close my account. The guy said he'll credit back any charged and future fees if I keep my savings account. He gave me his card and said to go to him if I ever have any problems. I haven't been charged any fees so far.

Corvs Queen

I was home (North Carolina) last summer and I wanted to get my Euros changed to Dollars. I called the local BOA and they said they would do it for a small fee. I was completely okay with that so I head over there only to have them ask me if I have an account with them. WHAT?!?!!! If I had an account with you then I wouldn't need DOLLARS now would I? Idiots.

newagetomatoz

Last summer, before I left work due to school, I was on a Bank of America study a.k.a. survey, and all I can say is they charge a crap load of fees and a lot of the people who actually did the survey with me either loved them immensely (sp?) or hated them and were stuck with them, mostly because they were the only bank around. Plus, BOA is so idiotic, they created a 20+ minute survey that they expected people to do. Yeeeeaaaahhhh. We had a target of like .8/hour. Needless to say that BOA will never get my business.

hhunt2

BOA is pretty good to me! Haven't had major problems.

There a few savings accounts... $25 automatic transfer (funds transfered from checking to savings). A minimum of $300 per savings account.
They also have a "family deal" when your parent has an account with BOA, you can get an account with all fees waved for up to 5 years. And any college student account is good for a certin amount of years. I hate it when BOA takes FOREVER for a check to go thru (sometimes 5 days). But I've noticed when I walk-in to put in a check, it takes 1-2 days to go thru. Also, I like how BOA is everywhere... I travel a lot so I notice a lot of BOA locations. Everywhere I go, there's one.

BOA is still a business so they have to make their money. And charging their customers 'their' amounts is one way they get money.

I've heard great things about Washington Mutual... try them instead (I need to).

MiCHiE

I have the WaMu Free Checking w/Savings and I love it. Honestly, I bank with 5 different banks and I don't have 1 complaint.

MAC_Whore

Sorry about your BOA issues. I highly recommend finding out if you are able to join a credit union. I have been banking with the same credit union for 18 years and have never had any problems. Best thing, they are small enough to talk to a real, live human being when you need them.

I loathe large banks, their exorbitant fees, and their inability to provide a real person to speak with.

jetplanesex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
Well I'll give you some advice don't go to Washington Mutual!! If you think BoA is bad they take it to another level of suckiness
thmbdn.gif

Oh maaan. I'll have to second that about WaMu...