Tights/Leggings With Skirts

Chelly

i love this look - im not a big trend follower but this one i like im not gonan lie - you can probalby get cheap ones at H&M or Target or something. you ca n also even go super 80's and get different colors. this girl i saw had dark green ones on adn wore them with uggs (which i dont like) and a green shirt with a gold belt and gold earrings - she looked fabulous
winks.gif

mel0622

i love it! i wear it with skirts but i just saw a girl in a magazine & she wore it w/ a dress it looked awsome!! you can get some at dance store. they mostly just have pink and black tho...ummm so cheap i would just go w/ what chelly said target etc.

kaliraksha

target has some funky reasonably priced ones... and if after winter old navy's go for about 98 cents a pair on clearance...

also, i dunno about trendy... but ive been doing this since elementary school... so its always been a me thing... i wear tons of skirts... the idea of wearing jeans everyday bores me... i wear jeans like once every 2 weeks... otherwise im wearing skirts of different pants... so in the winter tights do well for me... although i really need to get better boots.

moonrevel

I love tights! Regular stockings are so itchy on my legs and I tear them too easily, so I always wear tights and leggings with skirts. I usually buy Hue tights (they aren't cheap cheap, but I think they are something like $17.50 for two pair) from department stores since I mostly wear black ones, but I also have them in red, pink, and purple. I got some awesome ones from the Gap that are argyle.

ette

i'm really into this look atm, but not with denim skirts, or like that because it looks cheesy. i wore ankle length black ones with a loose-ish royal blue dress, royal blue ballet flats, a gold thin chain necklace, my cream chloe paddington with a skull scarf tied on, and i got a lot of compliments!

Classic Beauty

Ugh, I hate this look. I even have on my myspace how much I hate leggings. I think it makes people look silly.

It only really looks good on taller people with skinny or firm legs.

supaw0man

love the look // there are so many variations you can play with. they look cute paired under not only skirts but certain dresses, and short-shorts as well. recently saw a girl wear them under a huge hanging off shoulder sweater and she looked gorgeous =]

martygreene

I wear tights every day, but agree about leggings- they are too 1980's for my taste.

I'm curious though, due to the wording of this thread, are tights called leggings in some parts of the world?

supaw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
I wear tights every day, but agree about leggings- they are too 1980's for my taste.

I'm curious though, due to the wording of this thread, are tights called leggings in some parts of the world?

i think so .. we carry them at the store i work at and whenever a customer asks for them regardless of saying tights or leggings and we point to the "tights/leggings" that we have..they go "oh there they are".

alysia

ugh, hate it. Mind you I only wear knee length skirts/dresses so they're no help but Its just too trendy.

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaw0man
i think so .. we carry them at the store i work at and whenever a customer asks for them regardless of saying tights or leggings and we point to the "tights/leggings" that we have..they go "oh there they are".

Hrm, interesting.

I wonder, what is everyone in this thread thinking then? I have a hard time believing that people find tights (aka opaque stockings) with skirts to be tacky.

I've always called these garments tights:
a30.jpg

and these, leggings:
2102.jpg