Tinted Lip Conditioner vs. Tendertones

loci

Hi, I'm running low on my tendertone and started to panic out. I'm thinkging of gettin g a tinted lip conditioner but wondering about the differences between them. Is the texture similar? and the color payoff?

Thanks!

gigiopolis

The Tendertones are definitely a lot more like glosses than the TLCs are. The TLCs have a very balmy texture and it doesn't last very long. The tints are quite creamy and sheer, and they have the classic MAC vanilla scent. The Tendertones, on the other hand, add a kick of glossiness to your lips and are more sticky, and a lot of them sparkle/shimmer. I find colour payoff a litttttle bit better with the Tendertones, but I have very pigmented lips so pretty much any glosses are clear to me.

mizuki~

They're pretty different. TLC's feels pretty much like chapstick on my lips and tendertones feel more like gloss. TLC's, unfortunately don't smell as good and it's not nearly as smooth and soft as tendertones
ssad.gif

DirtyPlum

TLC has stronger colour payoff, the T's are sheerer in colour. The texture of TLC is creamy and like a balm with a subtle sheen. They will help to condition the lips and lock in moisture so in my opinion are far superior than the T's. They have the classic vanilla flavour / scent whereas the T's taste of strawberries and kiwi (a bit too much for me).

I barely touch my tendertone.

Kayteuk

The tinted lip conditioners are okay for a sheer little cover look, however i would stick with the tendertones for the biggest colour payoff!

Ebay has so many up right now going for not a bad price...I will be stocking up!

I also think the tendertones protect more against chapped lips then the lip conditioner, i personally feel the conditioner make my lips really dry!

DirtyPlum

The tinted lip conditioners are okay for a sheer little cover look, however i would stick with the tendertones for the biggest colour payoff!
quote]

The tendertones are sheerer than the lip conditioners, so have less colour payoff.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
The tendertones are sheerer than the lip conditioners, so have less colour payoff.

exactly! the tlc's have more color payoff, not the other way around.

the TTs are a balm and gloss combo, so they have the balm feeling. the TLCs are more conditioning.

brianjenny17

tlc's do offer more color then TT but i ALWAYS ALWAYS reach for my TT for the texture and smell .. i have 9 .. i know im a horrible TT hoarder

Buttercup

Tinted lip conditioners are thinner and a lot less glossy, can't feel it on the lips as much. I prefer tendertones.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee
tendertones keep my lips moist....the lip conditioners dry them out

ditto that! TLC do nothing for me...Carmex lip balm works better...But maybe I have super dry lips...I love the TT's they taste, feel and smell so good!