Tips / 'How to' for this hairstyle? please:)

Pamele

Hey guys!
So I already asked about some recs for the makeup, but I am totally clueless
when it comes to hairstyles like this, so anyone into hair, please share how to
achieve this gorg model's hairstyle and make it stay all day & night
(for ref, I got naturally straight hair), so what products / tools / techniques
& so on would you apply to get this...

thanks for any answers:)

shellygrrl

Staff member
You're gonna need either big heated (or unheated) rollers or a large barrel curling iron. (As large as you can go depending on your hair length.) For her length it would've been a 1.5" barrel. For unheated rollers: Set your hair in them while it's damp (you don't want to do it soaking wet), then take them out when your hair's dry. (If you need to use a blow dryer to get there, do that.) Then either run your fingers through them or brush through with a comb or hairbrush. For heated rollers: Set your hair, wait for them to cool. Pretty much as above. For curling iron: You're going to curl your hair in a spiral. So take a section and clamp it in the middle of the section, bring it down almost to the ends, and then wrap the hair around, going toward the front (you'll want the clamp facing behind you). Unclamp, trying to catch the hair if you can. (If you're using a clipless iron, just wrap the section around the barrel in a spiral and leave the ends out.) Repeat until done. You can have the end of the barrel pointing up or down as you're doing this.

Pamele

Shelly, You don't even know how thankful I am for your answer!:)
I actually thought I'll be left clueless, because it seems so hard to get this
kind of hair (at least for me, 'cause all I can do is blow-dry and teasing :D),

btw, do You know if there's any teasing in the roots/crown area 'cause it looks
like it a bit, and how to get that fringe parting in like an S shape?
I know this looks tricky, but maybe someone else can tell?

shellygrrl

Staff member
Yeah, I think it's teased/backcombed a bit. Not 100% sure about the fringe, though. (I will say it looks like a center part.)

Latest posts