Tips to make eyes appear bigger

curlyqmishee

Should I only line the top lid and leave the lower lid for mascara only? Does lining the whole eye make it look smaller? Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks!

caffn8me

Lining the lower waterline with a white pencil like M·A·C's Fascinating kohl pencil will open your eyes out and make them look larger. A dark line will make them look smaller. You could even try tightlining the upper waterline with white too. Use light colours around the eyes to open them up rather than dark colours.

ilyana

You could use shimmery light eyeshadow or pigments for your lids and invest in good fake lashes! They can really open up your eyes!

Dreamergirl3

Line the top lid, and then dot a dark brown pencil liner in between your lower lashes. then, apply a white or off white pencil liner on the inner lower rim of your eye. Coat lower lashes with mascara (dont forget to curl and put mascara on the upper lashes hehe).
Also, sephora makes a special lower-lash curler that might help
smiles.gif

That's what I do, and it makes my eyes look big and bright. HTH!

DaizyDeath

try a white eye pencil on the water line it will open up your eye.

MAC has one called fascinateing sp? haha

VertDeGris

Small eyes: make your brows a little thicker by building them up just a bit on top to emphasize them. Clear out straggly hairs underneath, and arch them slightly in the outer third to give more space

Apply a light shade of eye color from lash line to brow.
Apply a medium shade of eye color in crease, blend in.
Use softsticks for eyes and line entire upper lashes.
Thinly line lower lashes with medium color and blend.
Apply two coats of mascara to upper and lower lashes.

THink Tyra Banks
winks.gif

ollieo

I am looking for actual techniques on how you use eyeliner or eyeshadow to help smaller eyes appear bigger. I just found another post with some answers that help. Like using a white liner on the waterline on the bottom. Would you still use a liner with the white on the bottom? I was told for day to only use liner on half the bottom. Also will a thicker top line make the eye bigger or smaller or neither? Thanks!

giz2000

I don't like half liner anywhere...it looks unfinished. To make small eyes look bigger, try to avoid liner in the waterline, and keep the liner on the top lid thin (as close to your lashline as possible)...hth!

Sophia84

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
I don't like half liner anywhere...it looks unfinished. To make small eyes look bigger, try to avoid liner in the waterline, and keep the liner on the top lid thin (as close to your lashline as possible)...hth!

I'm on the opposite, I love the half liner, especially on the upper lashline, otherwise my eyes look soooo awful and small, and they're already small! Also the half liner gives a great almond shape to the eyes, which I love!

Bre

Big Eyes:

- White liner on the water line

- dip a 266 brush in eyeshadow, wedge under your lower lashes starting at outer corner and drag along about 1/3 way and then fade out from here blend in a neutral colour at this point - the same you used for your brow-bone highlighter - heading toward the inner corner
If you line entire bottom lash line with dark colour it will close off eye making it appear smaller

- Use a pale colour (same as used for highlighter) on the lid and a darker colour in the crease. Using your highlighter colour (Shroom, Phloof) on the lid will make eyes appear larger this is because pale colours make objects appear larger, darker colours make things smaller. Last week I applied m-up in this style to a client and she said it made her look like she'd had an eyelift

- Mascara! Though I'm sure eveyone on this site would be using that - I never liked putting mascara on bottom lashes cause I found that what ever type I used it ended up on my face at the end of the day. A good way to get around this is paint your bottom lashes using Blacktrack Fluid line and a eyeliner brush - it won't go anywhere

Good luck creating massive sexy eyes

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollieo
I just found another post with some answers that help.

It's a better idea to add your questions at the bottom of the original post (which I believe was making small eyes look larger) rather than starting a new thread. That way it means that all the information stays together and it's much easier to find.

Thanks

ollieo

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
It's a better idea to add your questions at the bottom of the original post (which I believe was making small eyes look larger) rather than starting a new thread. That way it means that all the information stays together and it's much easier to find.

Thanks

I felt like an idiot when I found the other post. I was in a hurry, missed the other post, posted, then saw the other post when I was back online so edited mine. Note to self - never post when in a hurry.

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollieo
I felt like an idiot when I found the other post. I was in a hurry, missed the other post, posted, then saw the other post when I was back online so edited mine. Note to self - never post when in a hurry.

No problem, I can merge them right now
smiles.gif

Latest posts