TKB raw pigments?

xmrsvindieselx

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I just was introduced to LIME CRIME cosmetic line. I LOVE the pigmented shadows, but read a review saying this line is just repackaged TKB pigments. I have no idea if its true, but if it is, can the TKB pigments be purchased by themselves? I dont know much about the lime crime line, buying the TKB is much cheaper.

thanks! and sorry if this is a stupid question !!!

Rosalie1915

I don't know about TKB but Lime crime is not repackaged TKB!! The owner Doe Deere is sooo sweet and nice and just recently put a video on youtube explaining all the horrible haters spreading rumors about this topic. But i your help my friend has tried both companies and prefered lime crime, you get what you pay for
smiles.gif
hope this helps

xmrsvindieselx

Thanks Rosalie!!! Like I said, I really don't know much about the LC "repackaging scandal", and have never heard of TKB. I was just curious because if i could purchase TKB and the rumors were true, it would be cheaper LOL.I just saw the LC cosmetics for the first tie today and I'm in LOVE with the bright colors, not so much the unicorn and rainbow packaging lol

chynegal

U never know what it what. She could be repackaging stuff but she not gonna say yes she doing that because should would lose her business. I just recently read about that lime crime stuff myself and I read somewhere someone did like a comparason with her colors and tkb is it was the same thing

xmrsvindieselx

That is why I was wondering if you could buy the TKB pigments..if its the same( or similar), i hear its a lot cheaper, and with this baby on the was I still want to look glam and not spend too much
lol.gif
!!!

Kragey

TKB Trading is my absolute go-to source for pigments. Unless they have a color I can't buy or make, I will ONLY buy my micas from them! Their samples are only $1.50 each and are a full TABLESPOON (almost 3 times as much as a 5-gram jar) unless otherwise noted. More expensive colors are "only" a teaspoon per sample, but that's still a lot, and for $1.50? You can't go wrong!

TKB's packaging DOES suck, though, so if you buy from them, you should also buy some of their larger jars to repot your stuff.

I received my most recent TKB order on Friday, and I want to do a few more looks with it before I create my YouTube review. (I HAVE created two videos using TKB stuff where you can see some of their colors in the jars.) But I will say, again, that the company is absolutely AWESOME and is probably my favorite place to buy from. Why would I buy from Lime Crime when I can get the same color payoff and triple the product for a mere fraction of the price?

Kragey

PS: if you're looking for stuff to stick directly on your eyes, you really want to look more at the "micas" than the "pigments and dyes." I call my micas "pigments" because they're basically what other companies market as pigments; the stuff being sold under the pigments section in TKB is EXCESSIVELY potent, even by my standards, and is actually sold so you can mix and make your make-up.

missmay

i own almost every color from tkb and samples will last you a lifetime. i use them to create color combinations, that way i dont feel so bad about wastin my mac pigments. the sample size fit into a 20gram w/ sifter...i still have enough left over to fill a 5gram w/o sifter. 1 for home, 1 on the go. tkb is so cheap you cant go wrong.

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmay
i own almost every color from tkb and samples will last you a lifetime. i use them to create color combinations, that way i dont feel so bad about wastin my mac pigments. the sample size fit into a 20gram w/ sifter...i still have enough left over to fill a 5gram w/o sifter. 1 for home, 1 on the go. tkb is so cheap you cant go wrong.

Just a note: I bought TKB's 20 gram stackable jars, and it takes me TWO of those jars to fit a single tablespoon of pigment. So, uh, I don't know if TKB accidentally shipped me the wrong size jar, or if it really is way more than 20 grams. o_O

UPDATE, 11/23:
I received a reply from TKB. They say that their 20 gram jars can fit 1 tsp comfortably, 1 1/2 max, and that seems about right, since 3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon and 1 sample baggie filled two jars comfortably for me. TKB may stock larger jars that can accommodate a full tablespoon, but "not in the near future."

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalie1915
I don't know about TKB but Lime crime is not repackaged TKB!! The owner Doe Deere is sooo sweet and nice and just recently put a video on youtube explaining all the horrible haters spreading rumors about this topic.

I urge you to read the threads elsewhere in this forum - she is indeed repacking pigments. There is plenty of evidence of that. After all, does her claim that TKB, one of the two major pigment suppliers to mineral makeup companies (the other being Costal Scents), who has been around since 1994, duplicated her colors (though they were selling the dupes before the Lime Crime makeup line even came out) make any sense when they are selling them for more than 2448% cheaper (Lime Crime is $85.71/oz, while TKB sells them for $3.50/oz, or $2.50/oz if you buy the largest bulk bag)?

Not to mention Xenia (I don't buy into this Doe junk, I've been following her way too long for that) has a history of causing drama as well as a history of copying other designers. For example, why would she threaten to sue Gothique for writing a review of her lipsticks in which she mentioned that the lipsticks stained her lips? Any other company would apologize and work on fixing it, not make written threats, much less complain that Gothique's retraction "wasn't good enough" and threaten Gothique into using an apology that she wrote instead.

Rosalie, please look at all of the evidence before you pick sides.

xmrsvindieselx, I have yet to really hear any complaints about TKB. There are plenty of MMUs who blend their own colors, but do a little searching and you will find out what pigments are the Lime Crime matches.

Latest posts