TLC and lipgelee sheerness and question about UK MAC stores

Isabelle

Hello everyone!

I have a couple of questions that I'm sure you can all help me out with. I have very pigmented lips, and find that a lot of lip products (such as C Thru lipglass and Jubilee lipstick) don't show up on them. I don't use a liner, as frankly, I can't be bothered
lol.gif
I was ordering one of the holiday lipglass sets from Ebay, and, errm, I got a bit carried away and order the lipgelee set too. I know these are fairly sheer, so should I bother opening it when it comes or just sell it on straight away? Similarly, I have a MAJOR lemming for the Disney TLCs, but how pigmented are they? Are they going to show up on me at all?

My question about UK stores is: do all the MAC stores do mail order, seeing as we can't order online? Or if only some of them do, which ones? I have GOT to place a Lingerie order before the MSFs sell out, and the closest store to me is about 2 hours away <sigh>

Thanks so much for the help, and all the reading pleasure you all have given me - and FAR too many wants!

Isabelle

aerials

About the lipgelee sets- I love lipgelees, but if you're looking for pigmentation then these are obviously not for you. Maybe just try one and if you don't like it, you can sell it on eBay and just describe that one of them is lightly tested.
But I really do think that you should try the lipgelees first, because they are great.

About the Disney TLCs- I would say that the amount of pigmentation is a 'medium' level. They will probably show up on pigmented lips (as I have fairly pigmented lips, and they seem to show up on me). Coquettish Clarice is the only one I have and it appears pretty pigmented, but it is one of them YLBB shades.

You should check out either the reviews here on Specktra or the reviews on MUA.

user3

You might like the Moistly lipgelee but chances are you will not like the rest. If that even comes in the set. I never checked out the set.
As for Disney Tint toons it is probably your best bet to pass on those. While some of the have an ok leave of pigment if Jubilee does not show up on you I am guessing you will not like the tint toons.

Hikaru-chan

Moistly is the most pigmented lipgelee but that doesn't come in the set.
I find the TLC's show up well on my medium pigmented lips.

Isabelle

Thank you so much for your replies, I will have to think about this.

I am pondering going for one of the TLC and getting Moistly lipgelee. It's such a shame I can't get to a store to try them myself! <grumble>

Oh gosh, I wish I could just buy the whole shop!

Isabelle

Turbokittykat

I don't think all UK MAC stores do mail order. In fact I think mail order is mostly handled centrally. For MAC mail order call 020 7534 9222 and follow the voice instructions for mail order, (I think it says press 1 for mail order). The only exceptions that I know of are the MAC counter in Selfridges in Birmingham and the MAC counter in Harvey Nichols, London. However, I have a feeling Harvey Nicks only do mail order themselves when they have some sort of exclusive out, (such as the Blow lipstick), because when I've asked them at other times, they've referred me to the 'phone number I gave above.

misswillow

I have fairly pigmented lips, and only get the barest hint of colour from lipgelees. I don't have the tint toons yet, but have Aquamelon & Summerfete TLCs, and they give a nice tint to my lips - sheer but definately there
smiles.gif

mjlover

i have pigmented lips and moistly, lu-be-lu and dewyjube all show up on me well. i love this gloss .... its making me a total MAC gloss addict (all my other ones are sitting in my draw sayin 'use me! use me!)

eyelove.gif

mima

i have pigmented lips, but c-thru definitely shows up on me, and if it doesn't on you, i am pretty sure you will get no colour payoff with the lip gelees and the tint toons. i say this as a person who owns both the holiday lip gelee set and moistly lip gelee full size and who owns 4 of the 5 tint toons. however, the lip gelees have such a glorious texture, that they really are worth trying, for the glossy look and moisturizing shine. i am most definitely someone who believes in colour, but i fell in love with them. they are also awesome over lipliners...like you i am too lazy to use lip liners, but lip gelees convinced me it was worth the effort, so once in a while i do use them. the disney TCLS are more pigmented than for example the LE ones from the summer were, and they do show up on my lips, and i love them, but again, i hesitate because you say that c-thru doesn't show up on you...

Isabelle

Oh, I had to rush on to give you all an update!

My lipgelees arrived today, and being an instant gratification kind of person, I HAD to try them out! I grabbed Lu-bi-lu and rushed to the bathroom to put it on. I was so excited because I SAW COLOUR!
lol.gif
Yes, it is quite sheer, but it does have colour on my lips! It's a beautiful MLBB shade, and I really like the formula. When I first saw the lipgelees, I thought they looked too wet, but it looks really lovely on me. So hurrah!

And thank you, Turbokittykat, I rang the number that you gave me and ordered half the Lingerie collection. And a TLC in Cleo's Coral Kiss. I am a bad bad girl, but I can't resist new things!

Errm, does it say something about me that I wrote the MAC number down in my address book?
rofl.gif

thanks for all the help, will let you know how the TLC turns out <goes back to watching the letter box>

Isabelle