To All People Working on Turkey Day!

lindsaycoe

I share your pain.

Although I'm sure most of us hate working on Holidays, someone, somewhere out there is thankful we are.

I hope.
cutey.gif

TISH1124

I am very thankful for all those who work on holidays and every other day for that matter...I hate it for them especially on holidays though!! Hopefully your work day will be short today!!

Happy Thanksgiving

lindsaycoe

Thanks, Tish! I hope you have a very happy and food-filled Turkey Day in Texas. (I'm originally from there).

smiles.gif

iheartcolor

Here, here! I have always had jobs in medicine that required Holiday work - as much of a pain is it can be - I *know* there are people that appreciate it!

smiles.gif

-Lauren

jdechant

Hey Everyone!! Hope you guys have a GREAT turkey day!! Canada has thanksgiving in October...and it always lands on a monday..(long weekend) so its weird to see that its during the middle of the week there. Do most workplaces get today off? What about tomorrow? Mmmm..to be eating turkey and stuffing again!! Well hope you all have a Great Day!!
smiles.gif

NutMeg

^It's true, so for us Thanksgiving means a long weekend.
smiles.gif
And it also means that we get two and a half months to recover from the overeating before Christmas. Happy Thanksgiving guys!

TISH1124

Yeah most people here have the day of and the day after off for Thanksgiving...so always Thursday and Friday....

With the exception of Retail and Heathcare mostly

jdechant

Wow..SO LUCKY....a 4 day weekend is ALWAYS better then a 3 day weekend! Lol...Happy Thanksgiving Tish!! Hope your day with your family is great!!
smiles.gif

Willa

I can't complain because I got my fridays off
But I'd definatly eat some good meal today
graucho.gif
sneaky.gif

lindsaycoe

Boo. I work this whole week AND the whole week of Christmas including Christmas itself. Why people NEED to do yoga on Christmas is beyond me.

pink_lily002

I used to work at the only restaurant at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore that was open on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I LOVED it! My family is quite small and we've never made a big fuss out of the holidays. My parents live less than two hours away from where I'm currently living, and flights to where my grandma and aunt live are cheap, so whenever we DO want to make a fuss, it's easy. I loved working at the restaurant on holidays because I was the only host who wouldn't complain, so I got to choose my shift (always the early one) and always met some really cool people.

Now, I'm in retail. My family still doesn't make a big fuss out of the holidays, but now I get crap from my step-dad's parents because I haven't gone up to Pittsburgh to visit them in years and I always have to work on Black Friday. I hate this weekend. It's the biggest weekend of the year at one of the busiest malls in Maryland. Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

Latest posts