to old to sparkle: e/s for "mature" eyes

Laurahead108

At 40+, I'm finding that my beloved Woodwinked, All That Glitters, etc. are too sparkly for me (emphasize lines, etc.) Should I switch to a different finish? If so, what finish/shades do you recommend? BTW, I'm nw15, blue eyes/gold flecks, dark hair.
Thanks!

Hawkeye

aww that sucks
ssad.gif

Maybe a more matte formula would work or a sheer shimmery color that wont emphasize lines/wrinkles?

d_flawless

try some nice mattes/velvety finishes w/o shine

there are a ton of good browns...wedge, kid, chocalate brown, corduroy, etc.

nehru, carbon, print, would be pretty

orb, vanilla, even mylar have enough of a non-shimmer but non-matte finish so you don't have to blend it as much.

i know these are just "basic" colors, but anything with a matte will help break up all the shimmer

ebonyannette

Is it creasing on you? UDPP works great to stop creasing if thats the problem.
I like Velvets and Frosts, Try Swish its shiny but not sparkly also Satin Taupe is like my Favorite brown !
Velux Pearls too, when you look on the MAC website under the eyeshadows it will tell you the texture of them so you can better decide.
Maybe try using the Lustres just on the lid instead of an all over color and work the velvet/matte shadows into the crease.
HTH!

Deirdre

Hehehe, we don't have problems so much with creasing in our fourties, ebony, more crinkling!

I'm still wearing the sparklies, at 42, and find that a good primer does help. I'm not sure what's available in the states, but I use Lise Watier's eye and lip primer.

mzreyes

try satins.. the only satin i can think of right now is shroom, because i use it all the time.. almost matte finish, but i think their easier to blend than mattes

Nick

Haux and Girlie would go well with your blue eyes. Both are Satins. Soba is a light golden brown with very delicate shimmer. Shroom, of course. I'll also 2nd Print, which is the perfect gray. My mother is 50 and wears Mythology all the time. It's definately sparkley, and I know that's not what you're looking for, but it might be worth a try anyway. I don't think it's at all aging on her, and it's great for your eye color.

ebonyannette

Ooh try Urban Decay Primer Potion for the Creasing Im not too sure about Crinkling yet
smiles.gif

And I agree with Mz.Reyes on the Satins I love them too.