To return or not to return..that is the question!

Artemis

I just received uberpeach chromeglass in the mail. I put it on and I love the formula..however it just didn't look right. To shiny and washed me out. I immediately thought to return it..however I decided to play around with it. I wored Viva glam V underneath and blended uberpeach into viva glam...It actually looks good. Gives me peachy shiny lips, but I am still thinking of returning it.

Do you sometimes have trouble returning MAC items.

ledonatella

Yes, I've only ever returned one thing. I can usually make it work, like I am so glad I didn't return Primped Up lippie which sat in my train case for a few, my first thought was ugh too lilacy and pale. But I wore it over Pink Treat liner and then put All Woman gloss over it and it became a pretty pink with just the right tone for me, yay!

princess

I will return it, no point keeping it when you know you won't reach for it often/don't like it that much. Get something you like instead.

MisStarrlight

Try blending it w/ some deeper liners...that usually helps when colors wash me out.

But in the end, if you're not going to wear it, exchange it or something.

I ended up w/ 2 Uberpeaches (bought one last year & got one in gratis this year). I never wear them now, but when it first came out it was my favorite for a while.

Aussiechick28

I would return it if you're not going to wear it, or at least exchange it.

The only thing i ever tend to return is lip stuff also. I bought 2 lipsticks recently - i thought they looked good on me in the store, but then when i saw how they looked out in natural light, i hated them.

This past weekend, i actually had to return a shadow for the first time. I felt terrible. I had bought a bunch of new pro pallette shadows last week, and i didn't check before i left the store. I got home and realised that the guy had given me a wrong one, and it was one i already had. So i went to return it, and of course, even though it hadn't been opened, it went into their great big bin of returns, never to see light of day again.
ssad.gif

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
Try blending it w/ some deeper liners...that usually helps when colors wash me out.

But in the end, if you're not going to wear it, exchange it or something.

I ended up w/ 2 Uberpeaches (bought one last year & got one in gratis this year). I never wear them now, but when it first came out it was my favorite for a while.

^^Totally agree. I think the beauty of MAC is that you can be the artist and make a color what you want it to be by mixing, layering, and working with it. Have you considered doing something fun like perhaps mixing some different pigments into it? Just take some of your lippies that 'don't quite work', and before you put it on dab some on the back of your hand with a lip brush, and mix in either another lipgloss color or even some pigment, blend with a brush, then apply. Takes two extra seconds, but you make your own color without ruining the original tube or having to return something that could possibly yield very wearable results when you play with it.

Latest posts