To the ladies who had their children young

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
I was 21 and it made me grow up really fast. Honestly at the time I wished i had waited though, just because I feel like when my friends were out partying, starting their careers and meeting new people I was at home by myself with the baby alot. I wouldn't give her back for the world. i wish I had delayed it so I could figure out what I wanted to do at the time.
Now i have 3 kids and i'm only 27, but right now I love it! I guess maturing in those years helped and I make sure to not lose my ambition for other things. I try to get out without the kids when I can so i don't lose my sanity. All in all though my kids have taught me more in 6 years than the rest of my life combined. I am a zen master at patience and the feeling of unconditional love is great. It's also kind of like reliving your childhood. You get to do all kinds of things you did as a kid and not feel stupid because you are an adult. You can also show them things and see how their personalities develop. The really only bad thing about being a parent is that you worry about your child alot and it really hurts. At the end of the day its also really easy to go to sleep, because they keep you on your toes. My youngest is about to turn 3 and i have to cope with the fact she's growing up and very very fast. They all are and in no time I'll have empty nest syndrome
ssad.gif

What a beautiful and inspiring post....You hit on so many of my personal thoughts and feelings. Thanks so much for sharing with us! xxxCherylFaith

ps please teach me how to be a "zen master at patience"
smiles.gif

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I guess I'm one of the older moms on this board
smiles.gif
We had our son when I was 20...he is now 29. He is the Best thing that ever happened to us.

I agree with Skylar, "It's all about the love and attention you can give your child." We gave him all our love & time. We read to him, taught him another language, & explained things to him even when he was very young. As he got older, we always talked to him with honesty...never talked down to him. This gave him an extraordinary security & intellect as a young man into adulthood. No sacrifice is too great for them. Our son thanks us all the time now, that we supported him, his talents & dreams.

Ah, but the years go by extremely fast, so enjoy them & love them every minute you have with them. It seems like yesterday that I held his tiny little hand in mine & kissed it as he slept - a memory I dearly treasure.

The great advantage of having them younger - you have more energy, I think
smiles.gif

You are a wonderful mother, and I'm sure your comments have helped moms of all ages who read this. I'm so glad you posted. xxx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Thanks again, Kalico, for posting this thread. xxx

Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyDolledUp

I wouldn't have had it any other way! My son is now 5 years old and I just recently gave birth to my second son in August 2007, so he's now 9 months old now. I'm a young mommy...23 years old...with 2 little boys, and I've been with their father since I was 16 years old...and we got married in 2006. I love the way everything is...I love my family! =D

I am 23 also with 2 boys. I had my 1st one when I was 21 and just recently had a baby April, 7th, 2008. My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years. I love my family and wouldn't change a thing. Yes, I miss out on a lot fun things like clubbing & partying with my friends but my family is priority. Don't get me wrong I still go out occasionally but not as much as your average 23 year old would.

X4biddenxLustX

Never been pregnant before but a best friend of mines is 18 and has a beautiful little girl who recently just turned 2. I can definitely say that I've actually learned from her experience because I use to want to have kids at a younger age like 23 24, thinking it was easy. But seeing her struggles I realized that I was so wrong and that I want to wait longer to have kids but before I hit 30 though. Her daughters her pride and joy but she has admitted to me that she did wish now that she had waited til she was ready to have a child because it really is so hard. Her baby's father doesn't do anything for her little girl. She had to drop out of highschool and hasn't been able to get her GED yet but she was accepted into a technical school for medical assisting which I was really happy for her. But not being able to go to school and also work and be there for her daughter at the same time, she had to get on cash assistance from the state. But one of the policies for cash assistance was that if you did not graduate highschool or received a GED you can't continue your education at a technical school and also receive cash assistance at the same time. Makes no sense to me but she had to give up school so she can support her daughter. But I know she's a strong person and a wonderful mother and that it may take longer than she anticipated but eventually she'll be able to get her dream job of being a nurse and take care of her daughter and give her a good life.

JassyFresh

I got pregnant my senior year of college and let me tell you, "surprise" is the understatement of a century. I walk around my entire pregnancy in denial and well lets just say I had very mixed emotions about what I was gonna do when she finally came. Well that was in Sept 2006 and I now have the most amazing 2 year old girl. She lights up my life! Her dad and I are not together but he is definitely present, eventhough its long distance (he's in DC and I'm in CA).

There are times that it has been rough emotionally and mentally because I was always "party girl" ready to go out and have a good time at the drop of a dime. She really opened my eyes to what is important and she grounded me.

My advice to younger me is not to walk around for 8 months in denial and hope for the best. Looking back now I wish I would have been able to enjoy being pregnant.

manderz86

I had my eldest at 17 & I have absolutely no regrets because looking back, I was such a mess at the time that it was the best thing that could have happened to me.

Don't quite know how I stepped up to the huge responsibility but I do know I could never have done it without my amazing family, & I am eternally grateful to my in-laws - they put us up til DH (who was 19 at the time) finished college & got a job & place of our own AND they always made sure he was doing his fair share of baby duties, because, being a teenage boy he wouldn't have gotten stuck in on his own. I know that if they hadn't pushed him to spend more time with our son I would have done it all myself because I felt guilty that he was the only one earning for the three of us. Plus all that practice came in handy when baby number two came along last year
smiles.gif

Yes, ideally I'd have liked to have established a carreer before the whole marriage & kids but I honestly had no drive to do anything with my life until my son BECAME my drive . I know that it would have taken me at least a few years to get my act together if my little lifesaver hadn't come along.

Latest posts