Too Dolly Quad - how similar is it to Dame Edna Wisteria?

LoopyLoo

I knbow there is an extra pink tone in Too Dolly, but are the other colours similar please? (I am wrestling with getting the Wisteria, though I have Royal Tour and Too Dolly)
greengrin.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Too Dolly is a green blue, whereas Wisteria is a clean robin's egg shade of blue. They both have a gentle subtle frost texture. I find that Too Dolly applies a bit better and is easier to blend.

Stately Black is a deep navy blue lustre with silver shimmer. It has a very strange texture and is hard to apply. Divine Night is a deep blackened charcoal grey with silver sheen, and it's pretty nice to apply.

The other three shades don't really compare to each other though.

LoopyLoo

Wow thanks so much for responding, yes I too find stately black hard to apply - it just doesn't stick on, even with Delft ppt.

A few more questions:
Is Divine Night like Knight Divine? Also
Is there a Wisteria type of colour in the permanent collection? - It looks so pretty and what's it's cover pay off like?

greengrin.gif

HustleRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLoo
Is Divine Night like Knight Divine?

no, not at all. divine night is more blue based. it also is kinda glittery and it has bad color payoff imo. knight divine is a gorgeous silver with amazing color payoff. one of my favorite silvers ever.

HustleRose

also you asked about wisteria, i found it kinda similar to mutiny pigment but that was LE. it does kind of look similar to clear blue sky pigment which is a pro pigment but clear blue sky is not glittery at all.

Rinstar

I think the Wisteria trio is better than Too Dolly. I never use my Too Dolly, but I bought a b/u of Wisteria!