Too Faced kabuki brush

xIxSkyDancerxIx

I recently ordered the Too faced kabuki brush and it's finally here!
yahoo.gif
It's SOOOOO soft I love it! But when I try to apply my mineral foundation I find that it's too floppy for it.
thmbdn.gif
So even though I love it I'm super disappointed that it doesn't get the job done very well.

Anyone with the kabuki brush.. how do you get it to work for you?

TIA~

MiCHiE

I have it and I've never used it. Honestly, I bought it to look at because the packaging is too cute to pass up. But, this is not the first time I've heard someone say it's too soft for a decent application, other than a blot powder. Sorry. Maybe someone else is more helpful.

Jacq-i

I use a pink Smashbox 19 to apply my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural... I use my Too Faced Kabuki to blend in my blush/bronzer.

Sometimes I move the brush slider only half-way down for a more precise and sturdy application. Maybe that will for for mineral foundation?

I just got this brush too and I love it! I use it w/ the laura geller balance n' brighten.
For that I simply adjust the thingie that retracts to about half way and then its fine! :)

http://makeupalley.com/product/showr...Makeup_Brushes

from a review on MUA:
"This is a fabulous brush! I've read some of the reveiws below about how it's not good for applying mineral foundation, I think because it's too "floppy" and I have to agree, to a point. The bristles are too long when the inner sleeve is pulled all the way back. (In fact, it's nearly the same as the EM Long-Handled Kabuki, which IMO is terrible at mineral foundation.) But if you only pull that inner sleeve back 1/2 way, the Too Faced brush is wonderful for mineral foundation application! That makes it the perfect brush for travel, because not only is it covered, but you can pull the inner sleeve back 1/2 and use it for foundation, then pull it all the way back and use it for either finishing powder, blush or highlighter. Double duty! And on top of that, it's darn cute! But don't buy it because you buy into the hype about how soft it is. Softness doesn't mean much when it comes to applying mineral foundation, the key is the length and cut of the bristles. The inner sleeve on this brush means you can control the length, and the cut of them is just fine, slightly rounded, not flat. The softness DOES mean it's nice for sensitive skin, so that's an added benefit if your skin is easily irritated."

lsperry

It is an awesome brush; so soft and cute. And I do move the sleeve up half-way for more controlled applications and all the way down for face and blot powders.

I bought 2 (got them off a website that was having a 20% off sale and free shipping).

And you can't beat it for portability!

Kuuipo

The Two Faced Kabuki is 2cute, but it is soft. I do love the Sephora Bronzer Brush . It's sturdy, 25 dollars-the same exact duplicate of NARS Bronzer Brush but half the price.

xIxSkyDancerxIx

Thanks! I'll try the half-way thing next time I apply my mineral foundation. It really is nice and soft.. and even if it doesn't apply my mineral foundation well I think I'd still keep it around just because it's cute and feels sooo nice against my face lol

cyndi

does anyone know what country the kabuki brush is made in? i wanted to get the california glamin's set but i read at the back of the box that the brush was made in china..

Tinkee-Belle

I bought it because it is PINK... maybe not the best Kabuki out there but I love that it is cruelty free! I use mine for bronzer. I think its too soft for mineral makeup

kokometro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndi
does anyone know what country the kabuki brush is made in? i wanted to get the california glamin's set but i read at the back of the box that the brush was made in china..

I'm guessing that if it says it's made in china.. then it is.
th_dunno.gif

I bought the California Glamin set. It's such an amazing deal.

I swapped away my kabuki because I wanted to use it for minerals and it was too too soft. Nice for laying around and rubbing on your cheek if you have time. It's yummy.
drools.gif

Here's the only TF info I could find via Google so maybe you'll want to give them a call and see if the box is correct.

17595 Harvard Ave Ste C-503
Irvine, CA , 92614-8516
Phone: 949-553-4431

pretebrowneyes

I bought the California Glammin set and I love my kabuki. I don't use it for mineral foundation...but it's great for all over powders, highlighters, bronzer and blush. And it's not bad on the eyes at all

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndi

If it says made in China, then it probably is. But let me tell you that that doesn't mean it's a bad brush just because it's not made in USA, Japan, or France. I just recently bought a NARS blending brush and let me tell you, it is DIVINE. It was $33, more than the MAC blending brush, more than the Chanel, and it's made in China. But it's the nicest blending brush I have ever felt.

Ok, now I actually just use mine w/ pressed powder when I'm on the go (Either Clinique Almost Powder or Physician's Formula Pressed MMU). It's a little floppy for regular MMU, IME - even with the sleeve halfway down. But it's great for touch ups! :)

LOL, I thought it was going to work for me and it seemed to when I first tried it - but not so much after awhile. And not with loose mmu.

2nigurl

im using the MAC 182 to apply the mineralized foundation and its really doing its job. i like this brush and its good when applying powders besides its soft too but not that soft like you guys mentioned with the Two Faced kabuki brush.

Latest posts