too much??

HustleRose

there is something i observe on an almost daily basis when i go out into public. and maybe it's just me being paranoid but i'd like to know if there is any of you guys who feel the same way.

ok, does it ever feel when you're around large groups of people maybe in school, work, or a mall that you're the only one wearing makeup. and even if you aren't, it still feels like you are wearing more makeup then everyone else. i get this feeling sometimes, lately a lot actually. it makes me feel kinda of self-conscious and i wonder if people look at me and then think that i have on too much makeup.

i know how to blend my makeup well, it's not like i look like a clown but i can't help but feel this way!

also recently i had a situation with a friend of mine. see her husband's brother has a new girlfriend and being the judgmental people they already are at times they made a comment that she's "white trash" and they got this impression because she wears a lot of makeup and perfume. i personally got offended by it and maybe i shouldn't of but i did.

thoughts on both subjects anyone? i'm curious to hear other opinions on this.

blindpassion

Quote:
ok, does it ever feel when you're around large groups of people maybe in school, work, or a mall that you're the only one wearing makeup. and even if you aren't, it still feels like you are wearing more makeup then everyone else.

I feel like this all the time.... because I am wearing more makeup then everyone else! unless I happen to be in a MAC or MUFE store at the time.

But seriously - I wear makeup because its my art, and because I love it, and I LOVE looking differently then everyone else, having a full face of intense, over the top, well executed, artistic makeup feels awesome!

Makeup isnt for everyone, and sure, some people aren't fond of people who wear lots of it. But who cares what they think! If you love it, rock it!

And I personally wouldnt consider myself white trash (lol) those people are stuck in their opinions! it doesn't mean they are right
smiles.gif
or that you should feel bad for being yourself.

KellyMcDMAC

I feel like that sometimes. I am in college and when I look around my classroom at the other people it seems like no other girls wear make up anymore...not even mascara. Sure some of them do but they still wear a very minimum.

It makes me feel "overly made-up" most of the time...but I just try to ignore it.

I wish more people would have fun with make up!

MiCHiE

I feel like this all the time. It doesn't bother me. I actually think people look at me and think, "Why aren't they wearing anything?"

leenybeeny

I feel like that a lot.. I even asked my hubby the other day "do you think people think I look wierd??" he said: "no, I think they admire your work!"
greengrin.gif

Simply Elegant

I feel the same way, but it's with hair, makeup and clothes. I take lots of time to put myself together to look nice and I feel awkward sometimes too because I'm more dressed up, wearing more makeup etc than most girls. Just ignore that feeling and be you.

chocolategoddes

I know what you're talking about.
I wouldn't say it's paranoia, but just a little self-conciousness.

Many girls wear lots of makeup at my school, but I actually mix it up and where bright lips or intense smokey eyes.

sometimes I wonder if people think I wear all this makeup because I'm insecure or some sort of attention whore. I just think it's fun and I enjoy putting it on. I don't have to justify that to people.

User35

lol I feel you ! Im a cop and you think everyday girls dont wear makeup..imagine girl cops ..they rarely do...Its hard for me to tone it down.I get inspired by specktra and then have to go to work in ony neutrals. We have a policy that says females can only wear natural makeup and nail polish ( no bright colors)..So I pretty much go WILD on the weekends hehe fake eyelashes the whole 9 yards.

pumpkincat210

I feel the exact opposite. I think alot of people see me as a snob and intimidating, which i'm not once they take the time to get to know me. it's kind of funny. I ask myself alot, why aren't you people wearing makeup?
I also was not aware that white trash could afford makeup beyond black eyeliner. I don't know though, there aren't alot of white trash people where i go. That did come across as snobbish, but i haven't had the best luck with white trash girls liking me in the first place. There are a lot of hispanic women that wear darkkkk lipliner and nude lips with extremely dark brows, which is not attractive. I actually think hispanic gals are extremely gorgeous with the right makeup.

blindpassion

and to add on to my post... when I am out without makeup on, and I see girls all made up, I think "damn! I wish I had more time to do my makeup this morning"

SuSana

I feel like that sometimes at work especially because I'm really the only one that wears makeup, I am also the youngest by about 20 years. But I don't care that I'm the only one, it's fun for me to put my makeup on in the morning and see the end result. I don't think they think it's the too much though cause some of the ladies compliment me and ask me for tips
smiles.gif

olddcassettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
and to add on to my post... when I am out without makeup on, and I see girls all made up, I think "damn! I wish I had more time to do my makeup this morning"

exactly how i think!

User67

I've learned not to care what people think. If I am at the grocery store I'm pretty sure I am wearing more make-up than everyone else. Usually I get compliments & ladies asking me what I am wearing. But, if anyone is looking at me wondering why I am wearing so much, I'm probably looking at them wondering why they aren't wearing enough lol!

Lauren1981

i understand how you feel about the makeup situation. every now and then i feel like i have on too much but the bottom line is that i love makeup. i will dress my face up according to the environment i'm in but i will always have some on. and on the flip side sometimes i pass women in public places and i'm looking like "why DON'T you have any makeup on??". ya know? i see people who i feel have the greatest eyes and i wonder why they don't wear anything.
it's just personal preference so i just don't think to hard on it
the other situation, unfortunately some people are more judgemental than others and have no problem letting everyone know. i just keep my distance with ppl like that because i will automatically have the feeling that if they're talking that way about someone else, they prob talk that way about me. BUT you never know.
don't let it bother you too much
th_wink3.gif

ginger9

I actually don't wear much makeup but compared to my friends, I seem to wear "a lot". Sometimes I get the feeling that they feel like they are more mature/intellectual/cerebral than me but imo they really need to take a little more pride and care in their appearances. There's no shame in embracing your femininity and I think sometimes certain women lose track of that in pursuit of other interests.

But that's just me.

LMD84

i know exactly what you mean! i wear more make up then all my female friends and generally more than the avaerage woman on the street! however i love that i am! it makes me feel special! sure some people may think that i'm dolled up like a dogs dinner but i don't care! i enjoy putting my make up on and do so about 5 days a week! i'm not very interested in clothing so i'll wear basics like jeans and a vest top but have immaculete make up! i never feel paranoid if i don't wear make up... i just choose to because i love it so much
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
I feel like this all the time.... because I am wearing more makeup then everyone else! unless I happen to be in a MAC or MUFE store at the time.

But seriously - I wear makeup because its my art, and because I love it, and I LOVE looking differently then everyone else, having a full face of intense, over the top, well executed, artistic makeup feels awesome!

Makeup isnt for everyone, and sure, some people aren't fond of people who wear lots of it. But who cares what they think! If you love it, rock it!

Quote:

lol.gif
so true!!

I can't wear much makeup at work, but I LOVE wearing it in my freetime. I am proud of who I am and how I can express myself with makeup.

Everyone who knows me well knows that I have other qualities as well and that I am not just a makeup doll.

And those who talk or look bad are just jealous
winks.gif

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken!

nursee81

I think people feel that way about me but guess what I don't care at all. I feel good when I am all made up and when I am not its not that I don't feel good but I feel plain. I think MU is an art and its my way of expressing myself.

L1LMAMAJ

I totally know how you feel!! My boyfriend's girl friends are all makeup-less so when I hang out with them, wearing the littlest of makeup makes me feel self-conscious. At this point, I really don't care. Most of the time, I wear makeup so I can practice and feel good for me.

Shadowy Lady

Yeah, I usually notice that I'm wearing more makeup than everyone else. I'm also usually more dressed up than everyone else. It doesn't bother me though. I like to be put together and I enjoy applying my makeup. "Most of the time" I get compliments from women anyway.

Not to piggyback on your post, but what annoys me is that every single celebrity/ "it" person du jours always says they don't like to wear makeup, or women shouldn't wear much makeup and how they think men don't like makeup. Trying hard to pretend they're perfect without it :/ it just annoys me, just coz you're wearing "neutral" makeup doesn't mean you're not wearing it.

Ok, I'm done
greengrin.gif