Too old Lustreglass?

cleodelinda

I bought a MAC Lustreglass at a MAC counter yesterday, and according to the label (A95) it was made in September 2005. That means it was 2 years and 3 months when I bought it... Isn't that considered too old to sell?

MACa6325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleodelinda
I bought a MAC Lustreglass at a MAC counter yesterday, and according to the label (A95) it was made in September 2005. That means it was 2 years and 3 months when I bought it... Isn't that considered too old to sell?

I would not expect to purchase something made in 2005 from the MAC counter. You can expect that from a Cosmetics Company Outlet and it would be $10.00. I'm no expert. I have items that are older than 2005. I would take it back and ask for something with a year of 2006 or 2007. They may say that it's good or those number don't mean anything (I had someone tell me that), but if you are not comfortable using it, return it.

sleepyhead

i emailed mac about product shelf life before, and here's the response

Quote:
In response to your question, the shelf-life of our products is at least
three years from the date of manufacture, provided they are not exposed to
extremes of temperature. The only exceptions are mascara and self-tanners,
which should be replaced six months after opening, and nail lacquers, which
have a two-year shelf-life.

i bought a pigment in a mac store in spetember, and the label says AB3. i emailed customer service, and all i got is a generic response saying "only products of recent production are offered at our counters"

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
i bought a pigment in a mac store in spetember, and the label says AB3. i emailed customer service, and all i got is a generic response saying "only products of recent production are offered at our counters"

Same here.....This year I purchased 3 pigments from the 1-800# for MAC-pro and they had a 2003 manufacture date. When I opened them they seemed okay....I don't know, though.....So I sent them back.

So, seemingly they don't follow their own guidelines....Why don't they ship them off to a CCO and let the consumer decide if they want old products or not.

gigglegirl

I have received things at my counter from early 06, My newest loose blot i bought in Nov was from 05. I would probably use it as long as it has its vanilla smell. Esp. since it was probably in the box and then you would be the first to open it, should be fine (again as long as it smells good).

I'm nervous of all the mini lipglasses--I have over 10 now so I kind of want to open them methodically so I don't start using them all and have them all go bad...I've not had a lipglass turn on me yet but granted I only started buying in June.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
I have received things at my counter from early 06, My newest loose blot i bought in Nov was from 05. I would probably use it as long as it has its vanilla smell. Esp. since it was probably in the box and then you would be the first to open it, should be fine (again as long as it smells good).

I'm nervous of all the mini lipglasses--I have over 10 now so I kind of want to open them methodically so I don't start using them all and have them all go bad...I've not had a lipglass turn on me yet but granted I only started buying in June.

i've had a few go bad. lipglasses tend to last me quite a while as i don't carry them around all the time.

my lip gelees go bad quickly because i keep one in my handbag all the time.