Too soon to dye?

hot*pink

Alright girls, I need some advice.

About a week & a half ago, 4/18 to be exact, I went to my hairdresser & got highlights from hell! She screwed the color up (I asked for blonde, I got a orange/brassy mess) & damaged my hair with the bleach. I went to a different salon the next day they were able to use toner to remove most of the orange color, but it's still horrible.

I want to just dye my hair back to it's natural dark brown, but is it too soon to do so? I've been deep conditioning it constantly. I just don't want my hair to fall out or do worse damage!

prettybaby

it really depends on how damaged and what you are using to deep condition. there should be a very gentle demi perm haircolor that can be used without any more damage, just until your hair is healthy enuff to use perm color.
HTH

makeba

i agree with prettybaby that there should be a semi permanent color out there for you to use for now. Keep deep conditioning your hair to get it back to its healthy state. i would find a semi perment color for now and wait a few weeks, if you can!!

Don't deep condition your hair too much as it will cause a build up on your hair & you will have to use a clairifying shampoo to get the build up and cause it to dry out more. Deep cond on a week and use a good conditioner, What shampoo & conditioner are you using? Satin haircolor is very gentle and you can use a 10 volume to just deposit color on your hair & it won't damage it. Everytime I use satin my hair actually is softer & shinier, I love it
thmbup.gif

hot*pink

Thanks so much for the advice girls! & Danielle I'm using Bedhead shampoo & conditioner & for the deep conditioner I'm using Loreal Nature's Therapy. I'll def look into the Satin haircolor!! Thanks again, I can't wait to get rid of this ugly color. lol

mistella

hi nicole, i got your msg but ill just post here! might help someone else..

i agree with danielle, dont deep condition everyday.. use volume 10 developer. satin haircolor is really good, it's ammonia-free if I remember correctly.
before you color your hair, get this stuff called Revlon Porosity Control. it's a protein filler and kind of "fills" the pores in your hair. damaged hair has pores in it, which makes it unhealthy. you can use it (its a shampoo) once a week, or a few times a month.
also, use some kind of product to get rid of the orange/brassiness in your hair before you color. if you dye your hair brown, you still have that brassiness underneath which will show up slightly when the color fades.. i like Clairol Shimmerlights. hope this helps!!
smiles.gif

Latest posts