Toronto Get-Together?

rouquinne

hi folks!

i'll be in Toronto for a few days the weekend of April 26th to help my mom with her balcony garden.

would anyone be up for a visit to a MAC store and coffee or dinner???

since we only have two counters here in London, a visit to a MAC store is a treat for me!!!!

greengrin.gif

post here or send me a PM...

if most of you won't mind hanging out for a while with someone old enough to be your mom, i'd really like to be able to say hello in person!

winks.gif

angela

oopsiwentglam

provided i don't work. i'd love to join you! i just started a new job so I hope they aren't horrible and make me work every weekend :p

Janice

I would LOVE to see the TO ladies get together! Please take pictures to share with us who wish we could be there.
greengrin.gif

rouquinne

Janice - i think you should plan a trip up this way sometime. wouldn't MAC offer you a tour of the original manufacturing facility in Markham?

greengrin.gif

rouquinne

okay, here's what i was thinking -

would the Yorkville Store be acceptable to everyone? it's at the intersection of the subway lines so that would make it fairly easy to get to.

how about mid-afternoon at the store, followed by coffee or an early dinner somewhere nearby? i know there's still a Toby's near Yonge & Bloor and i haven't eaten there in years!

this will be the afternoon of Saturday, April 26th - 3:00pm?

rouquinne

anyone??? anyone?

Bueller?

greengrin.gif

this weekend...?

i realize it would probably be better right after a collection comes out, but we all know how crowded the stores/counters get then.

AllieQ

Hi, thought I'd come out of my comfortable spot in lurk-dom. Doesn't look like you're getting much response here - not a very good reflection on my fellow GTA'ers.

FYI, Toby's is no more. In fact that whole block is gone as they are building an 80-storey condo on that site.

I'd love to get together with a fellow MAC addict. MAC on Bloor is one of my favorite haunts. Sephora is now down the street so that might be a nice addition to your shopping trip. Of course, there's always the MAC Pro store on Queen, thought there's not a lot else around there for us older gals

At the point, I'm not sure about dinner but I'll get a better handle on that by Saturday. Never know when hubby might say "Oh, didn't I tell you?"

PM if you're still coming to TO and we can exchange cell #'s

rouquinne

oh yeah, i forgot they were replacing my favourite old Harvey's location with yet ANOTHER massive condo development.

ssad.gif

i'll PM my cell phone number to you, Allie, but i'm wondering if we should try again when all the young'uns aren't still writing exams???

lol.gif

then again, maybe it'll just be us over-40s.

winks.gif

i do have to go downtown sometime this weekend with my mom as my step-father is in the care facility on the old Wellesley Hospital site - and i've got 22 empties in a bag right here!

woo hoo!

AllieQ

Woohoo, 22 empties, a MAC addict after my heart. PM'd you back with my cell #. I say, let's get together anyway. we can always try again with the young'uns another time. Great excuse to go to MAC, as if I need an excuse.

Let's go shopping

rouquinne

i'm off to the train station now and i'm NOT bringing my lap top with me to mom's for a change!

i'll ask Allie to post our meet-up time once i connect with her and if ANY of you can make, we would LOVE to see y'all!!!

greengrin.gif

AllieQ

Bad news, with the suddent transit strike to-day in TO, our plan to meet is out. No, let's say it has been postponed. So save up your pennies, those in the GTA, we will get together later in the summer.

knoxydoll

Oh man I should try and make the next one. I'm in Ottawa but my boyfriend's family is in Toronto and my bestfriend is moving there next month. I definitely visit the city enough times.

rouquinne

allie -thanks for posting about the post-ponement for me, since i didn't bring my laptop to mom's.

here's hoping the TTC cooperates next time. i will be visiting my mom a few more times over the summer since she is suddenly living alone for the first time in her life and needs the company.

knoxy, at least Ottawa has a free-standing store now. the darn thing opened 6 months AFTER i moved to London...

ssad.gif

joshari

Anyone from Toronto heading out to the MAC Wearhouse sale? I would be interested in meeting up, provided my tickets come through.

Latest posts