Toronto IMATS Haul - Nov 2009!!! [[Pic Heavy]]

Kragey

OMG, yay! Those lip tars, how they tempt me! Enjoy your haul.
smiles.gif

Nepenthe

Woo.. you cleaned up. That's a fantastic haul!

I wanted to pick up the day-glo.. but it was sold out when I got back to the booth. And you're right about the MUFE line.. it was insane all day. I felt like the Temptu booth got blocked out so badly.

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe
Woo.. you cleaned up. That's a fantastic haul!

I wanted to pick up the day-glo.. but it was sold out when I got back to the booth. And you're right about the MUFE line.. it was insane all day. I felt like the Temptu booth got blocked out so badly.

Thanks!

Yeah, Kryolan only had maybe 5 Day-Glo in stock when I went right at the beginning. I think I was one of the first to buy it - but they had a cream wheel in the same colours. They also had a trio wheel with cream metallics that reminded me of Illasmasqua's Dystopia line....I was thinking about going back, but everytime I thought to, I wasn't anywhere near the booth and I'd forget when I walked by.

And I know what you mean about people blocking the rest of the booths! I tried to get to Malabar to buy my Ben Nye stuff and kept having to squeeze through people. I didn't even like walking down that aisle!

~*~*~

Some stuff I wanted but didn't get:

-Ben Nye Neutral Set (small tub)
-Spirit Gum (again, small one in dropper bottle)
-Ben Nye Metallic Cream Wheel
-Make Up Forever Concealer Palettes (almost all of them), along with some Star Powders that I thought I had on my list, All Mat Foundation, another palette for e/s, and a few of the lashes.
-Retractable Kabuki from Crown Brushes
-Grey Matte nailpolish from OCC (it was sold out when I got back!)
-A few cream blushes just to try out (any brand)...I don't have any.

And lastly, a few suggestions:

OCC - their pigments, I dunno, I was expecting crazy bright vibrant colours after seeing them on the website, especially Cherry Bomb, but it was not worth buying IMO. Plus I was told their IMAT prices went up from $5 each to $8 each since last year (albeit, in the states). The Lip Tars def. stole the show....we had to wait for two ladies to finish picking because they only had one station for each product which was a little dumb.

MUFE - should've moved their booth to the end of the aisle so the line could snake around into the back area and not block other booths. They also needed more than one cashier. The girls handled everything great though.

And lastly! Only ONE of the vendors asked me for I.D when I paid with my credit card! Thanks Auraline! Seriously, no one else even batted an eyelash, especially if it was a larger purchase (ie. MUFE). Crazy! So please, people, hang onto your credit card for deal life...if you lose it, you might just contribute to someone elses make up stash!

michthr

Im excited for IMATS Vancouver
smiles.gif
I was looking on the vedor list though and it didnt have MUFE down :S The show is in April though so hopefully it will be there

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Magnolia
What a class haul. I really want the lip tars!

They're amazing! You only need the tinest dab on your brush (hardly like a lipstick or gloss at all) and it applies so nicely. I love it....I have 12 now out of the whole lip tar line.

Conquest (the nude) was nice, but wayyyy too nude for me. Same with Pageant (the bright fushia)....damn, that colour would make Barbie hesitate! lol

And both Fondue and Vintage can be made with NSFW & Tarred mixed together....maybe some Katricia or Rx to brighten it up a bit.

DILLIGAF

Awesome goodies

Im hoping the MAKEUP SHOW in NY is just as good. If not there is always IMATS LA!

Shadowy Lady

wow our haul is awesome! I'm so sad I didn't end up seeing you. I was there from 10 am till 12, left for lunch and came back from 3 to 5. I saw Napenthe from here though

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
wow our haul is awesome! I'm so sad I didn't end up seeing you. I was there from 10 am till 12, left for lunch and came back from 3 to 5. I saw Napenthe from here though

Thanks!

Yeah, I think it got a bit too packed to find anybody unless people were meeting up purposely at a certain place and certain time. I wandered around pretty aimlessly - I watched the ending of the student competition and watched the models line up for photos. I didn't sit in on any semilars/speakers though. I talked to some SpecialFX vendors and shopped around here and there after I got my main purchases.

I stood around for awhile in the line for Crown brushes and again at Royal. It was a crazy day - I left at about 12ish....I was there from before 8am and was really tired after working an 8 hour shift beforehand. Good show though!

Latest posts