Total Lunar Eclipse - Feb. 20, 2008

Babylard

This is the first time I've been able to see the moon turn a blood red.

Winnipeg had perfectly clear skies tonight and I was also able to see a tiny sparkle that was Saturn. I'm glad I didn't have to go outside because it is almost -30*C. I get a perfect view from my bedroom window muahahha.

Here is a timelapse video if anyone is interested.
Feb 20th Lunar Eclipse Timelapse • VideoSift: Online Video *Quality Control

I think it is amazing. I've only seen a meteor shower once and that's about it.

Babylard

and btw, if you guys have forgotten what a lunar eclipse is, it is when the sun, earth and moon line up together.

Lunar Eclipse Formation:
Sun --- Earth --- Moon

As opposed to Solar:
Sun --- Moon --- Earth

ppalada

OMG thanks for the video..my roommate yelled and said "did u see it??" and i said "what"...by then it was too late..darn!!! too much studying...lol. Im at UC davis and my rommate was working with the cows tonight, and she said the cows were all freaking out..hahahah

RaynelleM

Thanks! I missed it ... too busy watch ANTM!! ... but my dad's in Calgary right now and he saw it.

thelove4tequila

I sooooo wanted to see it but I missed it! Sad. I saw that video and are they really that short? It was red for a mere seconds in the vid.

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
I sooooo wanted to see it but I missed it! Sad. I saw that video and are they really that short? It was red for a mere seconds in the vid.

This is a time lapse video which means that it the creator simply made the video go faster, so you can see the trend more easily and faster. Lunar eclipses occur over hours within a day, so I don't think you would want to watch a lunar eclipse video in real time. Hope that helps!

I'm glad to share and I hope everyone enoys it. It's a lovely video!

Jeisenne

I missed this because it was one of those rare rainy days in San Diego, CA and we had clouds overhead most of the night! Thanks for the video link though, I can now live vicariously through it lol
smiles.gif

Loveleighe

i've never seen that. we just don't have clear skies there's like a bilion and one lights everywhere thanks so much for sharing.

CantAffordMAC

didn't see it. i was up until 3 and i actually looked outside at about 2:45 because it was so bright out from the moon reflecting the snow. No red moon though. I wish I'd have known.

Latest posts