=[ total mac noob.

Phantasy

So...sorry if this is on the wrong board but I wasn't sure where to post it. Re-direct me if need be. But anyways...I ordered an eyeshadow [blue calm] from MAC online recently and I got it in the mail today...the only thing is, is that theres no pot!
eeksign.gif
I wasn't aware that it would come like this...just in the little metal thing with a magnet on the bottom
ssad.gif
So...where do I get the pot at?

I bought an eyeshadow at an actual store before but of course it came all together...so
ssad.gif

Hrrm..and if they send it with no pot I guess they expect me to already have something to put it in? Haha. I'm sad now.

noahlowryfan

they sent you a pan form. you can just put this in your empty palette that this eyeshadow will fit in. how much did you pay for this?

if you want information on anything, you can just contact MAC and they will be happy to answer any questions that you have.

Phantasy

Umm I paid like $14 + tax and S&H.

I just didnt expect it to come in a "pan."

And the thing is that I don't HAVE a palette to put it in because I barely have any MAC stuff and have never depotted anything...so that's why I wanted a pot.

ssad.gif

notmyhand

if it was $14 then you should have received a pot and there was probably just a mix up. contact mac and i am sure they will fix it.

Phantasy

OK thanks you guys
smiles.gif

I just didn't expect it to come like that and I didn't see anything about it being sent without a pot. I just assumed it would come with one since it wasn't a refill order.

I e-mailed them though so hopefully it gets worked out.

BunnyBunnyBunny

What's really odd about this is that Blue Calm is a PRO only color. You seem fairly unfamiliar with MAC products since you said you only have a few potted shadows. How odd that you'd even be allowed to order the color in the first place. 0_0

Edit: Sorry, I just looked at MACCosmetics.com and indeed Blue Calm is available. It is the only un"diamonded" pro color in the new PRO launch (MACPRO.com). Weird!

Phantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
What's really odd about this is that Blue Calm is a PRO only color. You seem fairly unfamiliar with MAC products since you said you only have a few potted shadows. How odd that you'd even be allowed to order the color in the first place. 0_0

Edit: Sorry, I just looked at MACCosmetics.com and indeed Blue Calm is available. It is the only un"diamonded" pro color in the new PRO launch (MACPRO.com). Weird!

Lol mhm. I just got it off the regular site and i'm far from a MAC fanatic, but gotta start somewhere =p

But yes, I have ONE potted shadow lol and my one sad un-potted shadow
ssad.gif

righteothen

I have no idea if this would work or not, but are MAC eyeshadows the same size as Stila ones? I know you can get Stila pots for about $2 at Sephora.

If they are the same size, then that would be perfect, but like I said, I'm not certain about that, because I don't own any Stila eyeshadow.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny

Anyone can order a pro product from the 1-800 number. I do it all the time and I’m not a “PRO” member.

But, I ordered Blue Calm from the maccosmetics.com website, was charged $14 and received a pan shadow yesterday, too. I sent an e-mail asking for a refund of the difference since I did not receive a $14 product. It is shown as a POTTED eyeshadow and is listed as $14 on the website under “Straight From Backstage”. So the expectation is to receive a POTTED shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by righteothen
I have no idea if this would work or not, but are MAC eyeshadows the same size as Stila ones? I know you can get Stila pots for about $2 at Sephora.

If they are the same size, then that would be perfect, but like I said, I'm not certain about that, because I don't own any Stila eyeshadow.

Nope, MAC shadows do not fit the STILA pots. The STILA pots are Waaay too big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy
OK thanks you guys
smiles.gif

I just didn't expect it to come like that and I didn't see anything about it being sent without a pot. I just assumed it would come with one since it wasn't a refill order.

I e-mailed them though so hopefully it gets worked out.

MAC has great customer service. What they will probably do is tell you to keep the pan shadow and they will over-night express you the potted shadow. No additional charges to you.

HTH

Phantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry

MAC has great customer service. What they will probably do is tell you to keep the pan shadow and they will over-night express you the potted shadow. No additional charges to you.

HTH

That'd be great if they did because that's tricky. I haven't gotten a reply back yet but should be anytime soon.

Phantasy

Well the e-mailed me back and said I should call the 1-800 number and speak to someone. I guess i'll be doing that tommorrow then
th_rolleye0014.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy
Well the e-mailed me back and said I should call the 1-800 number and speak to someone. I guess i'll be doing that tommorrow then
th_rolleye0014.gif

That's bull. You shouldn't have to go through all that.

Phantasy

Sooo...I called the number and spoke to a lady who wasn't sure what I was talking about at first and told me that all the eye shadows come in a pan until she looked at the actual webpage and realized that I was sent one without the black "case" as she called it.

Then she said they'd ship me a new one in 2-3 days no cost to me.

And either she actually understood me or i'm gonna get another eyeshadow in a pan :|