Tracking on new MAC site?

Haven

I made a couple of orders recently using the new website and cannot track my orders. I called CS, and they said it was my fault. Basically saying that they can see tracking from their end, so I must be making a mistake. The tracking button in the emails that they sent do not work either. Has anyone else had this issue or figured out how to track orders on the new site?

Vandekamp

I went to the new website for the first time last night and I hate it. Whomever came up with the bright idea to tamper with it should be fired.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone else had this issue or figured out how to track orders on the new site?
That is weird that they would say it's your fault. From what I read on here it's the same problem with most if not all orders. I'm sure they already had multiple complaints about this by now.

Haven

Yes CS was very insulting. According to them it is all my fault and they could not help me. I did get her to read me the tracking numbers - though she did it with a lot of attitude.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Yes CS was very insulting. According to them it is all my fault and they could not help me. I did get her to read me the tracking numbers - though she did it with a lot of attitude.
Wow, that sucks.

Haven

I was going to place one more online order during the current promotion, but given the way I was spoken to by CS I don't think I will now.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I was going to place one more online order during the current promotion, but given the way I was spoken to by CS I don't think I will now.
Sorry you had this experience. I've had my share of rude MAC CS. Maybe write them a complaint email?

violetta

I went to the new website for the first time last night and I hate it. Whomever came up with the bright idea to tamper with it should be fired.
Your comment reminded me way back when Coca Cola introduced New Coke. The uproar from consumers everywhere caused Coke to quickly

abandon New Coke and stick to the Classic Coke. MAC should take note.

Vandekamp

Your comment reminded me  way back when Coca Cola introduced  New Coke. The uproar from consumers everywhere caused Coke to quickly abandon New Coke and stick to the Classic Coke. MAC should take note.
It's so true. I no longer have any desire to order online.

I know, right? I freakin hate the new site so much that I deferred a couple times and just got Sephora for my fix. And the customer service people used to be the bomb, never got a bad one but I did today. So weird. But we should start a campaign. Change the bloody site already! So exhausting esp on the "app" on my phone. So much harder than on the PC. Why mess with perfection? Or what was closer to perfection than this! I'm seriously mad.

Vandekamp

I know, right? I freakin hate the new site so much that I deferred a couple times and just got Sephora for my fix. And the customer service people used to be the bomb, never got a bad one but I did today. So weird. But we should start a campaign. Change the bloody site already! So exhausting esp on the "app" on my phone. So much harder than on the PC. Why mess with perfection? Or what was closer to perfection than this! I'm seriously mad.
I just tried to go on the site again this morning and it was soooo slow. I was going to order a few more matte lipsticks but it took too long to get to the page to do that. This is a colossal FAILURE!!!

ms.mad

I have been on the new website and dislike it entirely. It is now one of the worst websites I have gone on. I am a pro member and it only shows the discount in the end total balance. Sometime limited edition will be discounted after so many weeks, with this new site it is impossible to tell in your basket. It is extremely slow and has so many glitches. I am ready to place an order but do not feel comfortable with this new website. Just sucks! Why did MAC have to change a good thing :(

Howards End

I bookmarked the MAC France site. It's still in the old format and it's a breeze to navigate even without knowing the language lol! I use it when I want to browse for products

BrittLuvsMakeup

I received a shipping confirmation for a backordered item today and the "TRACK YOUR ORDER" button still doesn't work. I had to log in and check my order history to get the number and track it. I thought by now it would have been fixed but apparently it's not. I don't mind logging in to check if I have to but it's quite inconvenient, especially when I don't have to do so for other companies I order from.

Howards End

The new MAC site is almost unusable on a mobile phone.  I hate the new site. 
ITA, I just did a software update on my iPhone and the only improvement was getting the drop down menu and more lipstick smooshes at a time lol. It freezes up constantly and IMO it's really ugly and unnavigable compared to the French site

patentg33k

During the GV release, I emailed MAC about the impossibility of checking out from their new site. When they responded, 'sorry, here's a free expedited ship code, we're just too popular I guess' I wrote another long email back. (backstory: For the Valli release, I was unable to check out despite trying for two hours, called their Pro line and was told they couldn't take phone orders due to technical issues, and missed the release entirely). Now there are literally pages of GV up for sale on eBay, and loads for sale in various Instagram threads.

I got a response yesterday from an actual customer service rep who appears to have read my emails. She said that the new site is now working properly. I'm posting to see if that's the case? I honestly don't have the heart to place another order right now. The GV release really pushed me too far at this point.

Has anyone been having any better experiences w/checkout? I noticed this graphic up when I went to look at the site right now.