Traincase and brush rolls

me_jelly

I'm looking to purchase a traincase to store makeup when I'm on the go (not for storing my collection around the house). I "may" be temporarily moving to another country for a few years and want to take my makeup along. I'm looking for a hard or metal outter one that's perhaps not HUGE in size but a good size to fit my most used makeup (but not my whole collection - I'm going to have to leave non-to-often used things at home). I'm really not familiar with traincases and was wondering what sizes/brands/inner designs I should be looking for and which type of traincase will fit the most for its size. I will consider any price range for now.

To get an idea of what I'm trying to put/fit into a traincase, I've listed some of my most used makeup below:

Most of my essential makeup are either MAC (mostly a lot of pigments in original jars, only a few essential eyeshadows in pots, blushes, only a few lipliners, Blacktrack fluidline, brushes, lipglosses and lipsticks), Dior (mostly a lot of lipsticks, only a few glosses, liquid foundation, mascara, one or two eyeshadow quints) and BE (foundation/concealer/mineral veil).

Besides a few basics like foundation (liquid/mineral), mascara, eyeliner/lipliner, I think I want to dedicate most room in the traincase for lipsticks (my passion), pigments, and blushes.

Of course I won't be able carry all my makeup when I move, but I want to find a traincase that will fit most of my essentials and then some without being too heavy or huge in size.

Also, I'm looking for a good brush roll to store most/all of my brushes in when I travel - perhaps something that will store at least 10+ brushes (brushes with the biggest handle that I have is the 182, but I doubt that will fit in any brush roll anyways - so the next fattest handle would be the 187, followed by the 188 and one or two other face brushes I have - the rest have handle sizes equal or smaller than something like the 217)

I know there are restrictions on fluids as carry-ons, but if I take out any fluid makeup (i.e. foundation, mascara), can I take the rest of my makeup (i.e. powder (loose and pigments), pressed powder items (including powder blushes, eyeshadow, lipsticks-tube style, and fluidlines) as carry-on for international flights?

Any recommendations on traincases/brush rolls and tips on travelling/packing makeup for travelling would be greatly appreciated. It'd be great if you could let me know approx how much makeup (and of what size variety) fits in a recommended traincase if you happen to own it.

Thanks so much guys and gals!

im_a_princess

I don't really know much about the traincases, but about the brush roll...

i think the old mac brush roll was great (it was like a shiny leather), but the new one is cloth and i bought it when it first came out...

What I didn't like about it:
-hard to roll out and grab stuff out of in a hurry or small space
-cloth gets dirty (glittery and stuff)
-not functional if you wanna use ur brushes all the time (if you hardly use ur brushes and just need a place to store them its ok, but WHO DOES THAT?)

I use the brush belt now that I got at the mac pro store... i like it because it fits ALL of my brushes, convienient (in/out), can wipe off easily, i just hang it from my towel rack, when i need to take it with me i just fold it in half and stick it in my bag...

Khalia25

How about Sephora's Metro Traincase? I have Sephora's Midnight Train Case in black...I love it. As far as what all fits...hmmm...I have 3 pots of MAC shadows, and the rest are in a palette. I have everything sectioned in my traincase. I have sections for about 20 lipglosses, about 10 lipsticks, 10 pigments, 3-4 Nars blushes, 4 fluidlines, severel liners and mascaras and other random shadows, etc....this is all on the top two tiers. The bottom area I just use for tall items like foundations, jars, stuff that didn't fit in the top tiers, etc.

The Midnight Train Case:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...categoryId=B70

Here's the Metro case in silver. I'm not sure if the silver necessarily means it's made of metal, but I think this will be a nice size.

ttp://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P76632&categoryId=B70

HTH and good luck!
smiles.gif

Oh...ETA...I always leave my train case open on my counter, so I'm not sure if it closes with the pigments on the top tier. I've never travelled with it. But nevertheless, the compartments are adjustable, and you can can easily fit your pigments in the lower half!

Rushch6

I love love my train case I bought from Yazmo it was $100.00. You can also find them on Ebay, but at the time I couldn't find mine on Ebay in the color I wanted. Here is a picture of it. So far it hold my entire collection, but with my addiction I think I may need to get another one
cutey.gif

ts20combo.jpg

I also just recently bought this brush roll off of Studio Direct Cosmetics. It holds 30 brushes. I also have the mac brush belt to hold my brushes. Here is a pic below.
empty30case.jpg