Traincase Carry-On ?!

christinakate

So i'll be travelling to Vancouver at the end of the month. Ive travelled many time's but ive never had to carry my entire traincase with me ( Im seeing family / i have a few freelance job's to do there too. ) Anyways, the traincase is a regular size, and im wondering if im actually allowed to bring this on board as a carry-on ( its under the 22 pound limit. ) Im not sure i trust it as luggage even if nicely packed, im paranoid, what can i say ! Is there any rules im missing ? Ive looked at the guidelines and it seems to be okay, but i also dont want to end chucking everything or leaving it behind at the airport. Any help ?!!

BestRx

There are rules about the size/quantity of liquids and creams you can carry on (the whole clear 1 oz jar in the clear gallon-size bag thing.) If your traincase has just powders, shadows, lipsticks and liners, you should be fine. But if you've got liquid foundations, brush cleaner, Fix+ you might have an issue. Your best bet is to call the airport/airline for specific regulations.

Shenanigans

I'm flying to Vancouver tomorrow (that's home for me.) =)

There are restrictions for liquids, gels and aerosols, as follows:

Passengers will be permitted to bring liquids, gels and aerosols through security screening at Canadian airports provided that the items are packaged in containers with a capacity of 100 ml / 100 grams (3.4 oz) or less, and that the containers fit comfortably in one clear, closed and resealable plastic bag with a capacity of no more than 1 litre (1 quart). The approximate dimensions of a one litre/quart bag are 15.24 cm by 22.86 cm (6 in. by 9 in.) or 20 cm by 17.5 cm (8 in. by 7 in.). One bag per passenger will be permitted.

Complete info here, including Permitted and Non-Permitted Items list: http://www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca/english/travel_voyage/list.shtml

Basically, the restrictions apply to things like lipgloss and foundation, but eyeshadows and solid lipsticks are ok to bring on (without restriction.) I take my palettes in my carry on and pack the rest with bubble wrap.

christinakate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenanigans
I'm flying to Vancouver tomorrow (that's home for me.) =)

There are restrictions for liquids, gels and aerosols, as follows:

Passengers will be permitted to bring liquids, gels and aerosols through security screening at Canadian airports provided that the items are packaged in containers with a capacity of 100 ml / 100 grams (3.4 oz) or less, and that the containers fit comfortably in one clear, closed and resealable plastic bag with a capacity of no more than 1 litre (1 quart). The approximate dimensions of a one litre/quart bag are 15.24 cm by 22.86 cm (6 in. by 9 in.) or 20 cm by 17.5 cm (8 in. by 7 in.). One bag per passenger will be permitted.

Complete info here, including Permitted and Non-Permitted Items list: http://www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca/english/travel_voyage/list.shtml

Basically, the restrictions apply to things like lipgloss and foundation, but eyeshadows and solid lipsticks are ok to bring on (without restriction.) I take my palettes in my carry on and pack the rest with bubble wrap.

Thank you so much, this actually helped a lot.
th_DANCE.gif

l1onqueen

Last year two of my lipglasses got tossed! I never fly, and was unaware of these restrictions. I was so sad. My daughter (she was only 3 at the time) said "Hey thats my mommies" as the TSA guy all to happily chucked my glosses in the trash can!

christinakate

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1onqueen
Last year two of my lipglasses got tossed! I never fly, and was unaware of these restrictions. I was so sad. My daughter (she was only 3 at the time) said "Hey thats my mommies" as the TSA guy all to happily chucked my glosses in the trash can!

That's horrible ! Omg, id be sooo mad. This is exactly why i needed some help, i was scared of that haha.

sn0wbunnie

I am flying tomorrow and totally forgot about these stupid rules until right now! Argh.

I guess I'll carry my case as a carry-on but put all my l/g in my checked baggage. But nothing in my case will be in ziplocks. Does anyone else think that will work / have any other suggestions?

TIA!

Ive flown a whole lot with my traincase and have carried it on ever since I packed it in my suitcase and had 2 casualties of potted eye shadows breaking.

I pack everything normally. My palettes in the bottom with my MAC remover wipes, brushes in a holiday-brush-set bag. Making sure what every I pack in the bottom is snug so that my palettes dont move around.
Paint pots, potted concealer, lipsticks, pencils, blushes, MSFs, mascara etc. are packed in the shelves, again as snug as possible so they dont move around. However, make sure it is organized, I had thrown my Studio Fix compact in the top and when I went through security they of course saw the pan eye shadows and wanted to check out what they were, but when they opened the traincase my compact fell out and cracked i was PISSED but it was my fault.

Anyways, I then carry my liquids in a ziplock in my purse. Foundation, lipgloss, nail polish, deoderant, liquid liner, primer all need to go in there. It makes it easier to have it in your purse so you can just pull it out since they need to be scanned seperately.

Cinci

Well, I was going to reply the same as what the girls above wrote about paint pots, paints, concealers, liquid liners, lipgloss, foundaton, etc...

I take all my make up with me everytime I fly.. I usually put my makeup back into the original boxes for travel.. I pack my liquidythings into the clear bag before I do.. I always grab more than one of them when I go through security, so that I have one at home for next time. If I happen to leave some makeup at home and have extra room in my traincase, I use a hand towel or face cloth to fill it so that things don't shift...

Sonya Adams

If you pack lippies/creams/whatever liquids in your suitcase in a ziploc, PLEASE wrap it in a towel. I've had so much stuff stolen while flying over the years (at least 5 times in the same amount of years) and when it's wrapped inside a towel, even if they do a "reach-in" to feel around for "good stuff" they might want to take for themselves or their girlfriends, they can't feel the bag easily, and they're not going to take extra time to open the suitcase all the way and unwrap your things to get to it.

PerformingMAC

I almost had my lipgloss taken from me at the airport because I had forgotten a ziploc bag, but the guy in front of me snuck it into his bag before we got to the check point. He gave it back to me after the check...it doesn't hurt to flirt sometimes
winks.gif