Transdesign price bump on Essie?!!??

ruthless

Woah, I just noticed transdesign now lists Essie at 8 bucks a bottle. I swear last month it was 4. Another brand I won't be buying online, that is essentially what it is here. I used transdesign exclusively for Essie because it was half the price than at head2toe.

WTF?

Ha. I know for a FACT I only paid 4 bucks a bottle for the art of spring collection now it lists it as 8 per bottle. Sneaky, very sneaky. Shame on you-perhaps if your wholesale for new collections was affected but ones previously held in stock? That's just price gouging.

bellaxo812

I wonder if it has anything to do with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
I read an article somewhere saying OPI wanted to reestablish itself as a higher end nail polish brand so they lawyered up forcing websites such as 8ty8beauty and transdesign to stop all sales of OPI nail polish. Last time I checked, 8ty8 already stopped selling OPI and all OPI was on liquidation at transdesign. It will now only be sold through salons but i recently saw it at target for $9 a pop.

From now on i'll only be purchasing china glaze.

Seems like they're jacking up the price of Essie to compensate for what's happening with OPI
thmbdn.gif

ruthless

All I know is that it made ordering off of TD more appealing than head2toe because it was half the price-I'm more inclined to think that they just didn't realize head2toe was charging that much more.

marquise

I noticed that last week as well. I bought loads from TD a month ago and the Essie bottles were definitely $4 each.

Very annoying.

purrtykitty

I think Essie demanded e-tailers to sell their polishes for the same price as their brick-and-mortar outlets or else they'd be threatened with a lawsuit. OPI just took it one step further and initiated legal action.

I don't really buy Essie all that much, anyway. I don't find their colors to be particularly unique. And as with OPI, if I get Essie, I'll just wait for the buy 2, get 1 free deal at Ulta.

ruthless

I am not sure. I could always send transdesign an email-but I doubt I'd get a satisfying reply.

First of all, I'm not sure how much "pull" a polish company has over stock that they have already sold to a distributor. They already own the polish, and have some kind of redistribution rights to the polish they have bought from the company or they'd be forced to take it off the website entirely at the companys request. It makes no sense that L'Oreal (or essie) would ask them to raise prices-they've made the money they expect to off of the wholesale price by selling to the e-tailer in the first place. And I wonder if they even have the authority to dictate price on stock they've already sold? I doubt it.

TD is "liquidating" inventory they have for OPI (although prices don't seem to be lower) and head2toe has just pulled it all together. My guess is that they just sold all of their stock to a liquidator and it will end up in various places like dollar tree, bargain bins etc.

It just kind of chaps my ass because if there is an Essie polish I want to add to my order (which is rare, they don't make too many that appeal to me) I am paying double for it when I know that's a 100% markup from a month ago!

Latest posts