Transferring from Lauder to MAC?

ieatbugs

I'm currently working for Estee Lauder at a Macy's and I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences coming from a counter like this and transferring to either a MAC store or a MAC counter at another department store? Tips? How much experience they look for, or anything like this?

FacesbyNiki

I worked for Clinique and now I'm working for MAC. For me it was a big difference as far as the customer base. I mean, our customers are divas, they really are.
lol.gif
So it was just being use to that also, wearing full face and wild make up compared to Clinique's simple tame looks. But I did enjoy my time with Clinique but MAC is for me.

ieatbugs

I've always been more of a MAC girl, I think, but I couldn't get anyone from MAC to even consider giving me an interview when I applied a year or two ago without any experience. I'm not sure if I'd rather work at the freestanding store or at the Nordies counter - but Macy's is really turning out to be a mess. We used to be a Hecht's when I got hired but since we've become Macy's things have just really been going downhill.

I work at the Towson Mall. Do you know any of the girls who work up here from training or anything?
smiles.gif
I always end up with Tyson's people at my Lauder schools.

SARAHluvsMAC

towson is one of the harder malls to get hired at
you might want to try applying at the store in columbia since we are newer

towson has a big reputation and does way over 3 million a year which is alot for a store and they arent going to just hire anyone

ieatbugs

Well, as far as my sales record goes I'm not "just anyone" either - I've been recognized as a top performer by Estee Lauder which is only for BAs who have an IPT of 2.1 or over along with $215,000 minimum in sales for a year. I've met both qualifications after 10 months, so hopefully that might count for something.

Columbia is really way too far for me to commute to.

MisStarrlight

An IPT of 2.1? Can I come work at your store?

According to the MAC paperwork-if you want to transfer, you have to go through your manager & they will be able to arrange it "if it suits the company," but that is transferring from MAC to another EL company. I dunno if it's the same process the other way around. If you still have your original paperwork, I'd check in there.

VeronikaJ

I don't think this would be considered a "transfer", although Estee Lauder technically owns MAC. MAC is pretty much still it's owm company when it comes to the hiring process. You would have to go through the regular process anyone would. However, you would obviously just list your experience at EL on your resume (and they would as you about it at the interview). I came from an EL company before I worked for MAC and I had to go through the normal process- the only dif was I had to get an okay from my district manager (from the other EL company I was already working for) to interview at all. She had to call the retail manager and give her consent, because they are considered "sister" companies and they don't want to step on one another's "toes" (as they say).

RobinG

I was at the co;umbia store the other day and they were doing interveiws. Go for it nothing lost if you dont try.

ieatbugs

Yeah, I know I have to go through my account executive and whatnot. What "original paperwork" are you referring to? I'm not sure.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
An IPT of 2.1? Can I come work at your store?

According to the MAC paperwork-if you want to transfer, you have to go through your manager & they will be able to arrange it "if it suits the company," but that is transferring from MAC to another EL company. I dunno if it's the same process the other way around. If you still have your original paperwork, I'd check in there.