Transferring MAC paintpots into travel jars

beauty_marked

So,
I have 2 paint pots that i do not care for whatsoever. I think i may use them in the future but im not sure. So i was wondering if transferring them into the travel jars MAC sells would affect their consistency over time...would doing this cause them to dry out faster or will they be ok??

TIA!!!!
cutey.gif

SoSoAmazin

I transferred a little of my painterly pp into one of MAC's sample containers (i think it's similar to their travel containers?) and it started to dry out within a couple months
ssad.gif
Maybe the glass container keeps it from drying out faster?

erine1881

the empty jars (and even sample containers) aren't airtight, so they will dry out over time. how long is anyones guess.
th_dunno.gif
i have some paint pot samples and they've stayed creamy for a few months now.

beauty_marked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSoAmazin
I transferred a little of my painterly pp into one of MAC's sample containers (i think it's similar to their travel containers?) and it started to dry out within a couple months
ssad.gif
Maybe the glass container keeps it from drying out faster?

yeah the travel jars are basically the same thing as the travel jars. I had a feeling the glass preserved their "shelf time" if you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
the empty jars (and even sample containers) aren't airtight, so they will dry out over time. how long is anyones guess.
th_dunno.gif
i have some paint pot samples and they've stayed creamy for a few months now.

i hope they stay somewhat like what they are now.

Thank you both!! I really appreciate your input!

Latest posts