• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

**~Transparent Smokey Eye..*~~

Caffy

I love love emphasizing my eyes when I go out at night, but I find If I use too much black I end up looking like a panda. This is a technique I saw on a Taiwanese variety show on youtube used on Vivian Hsu a local celebrity, and I wanted to try it out. Of course I look nothing like her..but it's a natural! yet smokey eye. Hope you like

t1.JPG

The dreaded no Makeup look YUCK!!!

t2.JPG

Then I use Satinfinish Foundation by Mac in NC20
It's so shimmery and natural! I love it...but it doesn't cover my freckles...

t3.JPG

Fill in my brows with Shiseido Majolica Majorca brow pencil powder

t4.JPG

Draw a thick slightly upturned black line... I used Mac's Ebony Kohl pencil

t5.JPG

Should look like this...sorry I look so spaced out! and bug eyed..

t6.JPG

This next step is crucial.. You gotta pat in slowly a shimmery grey black shadow with your finger. If you use a brush, it won't look as a transparent wash, as I want it to look. But if you aren't comfortable using your fingers, use a big fluffy shadow brush for a wash of colour.

t7.JPG

Like that...
Sorry it looks a bit messy and unbalanced hahaha
t8.JPG

t9.JPG

This next step I use Nar's Night Breed. Sparkly black shadow. It's important to use a pencil brush, or liner brush to pack in some pigment.

t10.JPG

I put some lavender loose powder to catch any fallout. For any of you freckly girls like me, purple pink loose powder helps with pigmentation, and brightens the skin too.

t11.JPG

Should look like this...

t12.JPG

Rub a bit of gold cream shadow to highlight brow, and corner of the eyes..

t13.JPG

t14.JPG

Curl your lashes!

t15.JPG

These are the colours I used today...for this light smokey eye.

t16.JPG

Fake lashes a must!

t17.JPG

t18.JPG

Mascara top and bottom
t19.JPG

Put on some creamy peach blush. I use Kevyn Aucoin's tansoliel .It's my abs. FAVOURITE.

t20.JPG

Contour the face with *this might sound weird* but with a face powder for dark skin tones. I use L'oreal's true match powder in W8, my usual colour is like a W2... as long as it's in the same skin tone...use a darker face powder to create some shadows to slim the face down! * Im sure more u girls don't have the cursed round face like me!

t21.JPG

Lips! I use Mac in Fulfilled

t22.JPG

t23.JPG

t24.JPG

Ta-Da! Should end up like this! ... Thanks for watching!

ginger9

Hey Caffy,

You look fantastic
eyelove.gif
I LOVE this look I'm so gonna try it. I have the panda problem too!! btw what's the name of the middle nars shadow you used?

Thanks again for this lovely tutorial
smiles.gif

prinzessin784

This is so pretty!! It looks fantastic on you and it was a really great, easy to follow, and helpful tutorial!! Great job
smiles.gif

yummy411

this is the perfect, i have makeup on and i'm seductive everyday makeup look!

... did ya like the long title LOLOLL!!

thanks for this great and simple tut!
clap.gif

Caffy

Hey Girls..The nailpolish is CHANEL in Organdy

and Purple Loose Powder is Shu Uemura.

The Eyeshadows used are Left to Right

Night Breed, Night Bird, and El Dorado ( Cream)

swtginbug

i love this look, its neutrul but smokey. i will give it a try. thanks for the tut and you look lovely!

jenii

That's great! I'm gonna try it. Which NARS shadow is the gray one?

Vivian Hsu is so adorable. As bad as Black Biscuits were, I still have a couple of their singles, because I like her.
rofl.gif

xiahe

very very pretty and simple!

and i always wondered what lavender powder was used for....lol