Travel to London

capmorlovesmac

I've never been in London but if you're planning some shopping time I'd probably would check out this new brand that is only available in London right now: http://specktra.net/f167/illamasqua-...etitor-118563/

th_drool.gif

ab5inth7

hey, i used to live in london
smiles.gif

havent been there in quite a while,
but i can still give u some suggestions ..
are u only interested in the makeup stuff,
or do u wanna do kind of a sightseeing tour
as well?
smiles.gif

xxx

abbey_08

id recommend you go to the Ice Bar!!!! its made of ice..but you have to get tickets. Harrods if a definate you have to go to! Theres a gorgeous bar in convent garden called Jewel which i would deff reccomend!

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
I've never been in London but if you're planning some shopping time I'd probably would check out this new brand that is only available in London right now: http://specktra.net/f167/illamasqua-...etitor-118563/

th_drool.gif

Wow, that looks amazing!! I can't wait...
th_DANCE.gif
I am moving to Oxford, but definitely planning to spend lots of time in London (especially for the shopping!)

user11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab5inth7
hey, i used to live in london
smiles.gif

havent been there in quite a while,
but i can still give u some suggestions ..
are u only interested in the makeup stuff,
or do u wanna do kind of a sightseeing tour
as well?
smiles.gif

xxx

No, I'm not interested in make up, but in London's life, culture, people...where people normally go saturday night (I think we are gonna go from friday to thursday finally...), I just want to have fun and also see interesting monuments and all that, but above all, I want to meet people and have fun, go to parties...
cutey.gif

thanks everybody!!!

NatalieMT

You'll be able to manage no problem, London is so diverse I'm sure you'll find you fit right in!

I don't live in London, but I go there regularly and can probably recommend a few places. Shopping is fantastic on Oxford Street, the huge Topshop right out of Oxford Circus tube station is a must, bottom floor is amazing. Also Harrods, in Knightsbridge just for the spectacle that it is, you have to see it. The Camden Markets are also cool, some nice little pubs and hangouts in Camden too. There is also a massive new Westfield shopping centre opened up in White City, Shepherd's Bush. Haven't been yet myself as the launch was only a few weeks ago, might be worth checking out if you have time.

For the tourist type things I've been on the London eye, it was alright. Not my kind of thing but it's nice to say I've been on it atleast. London aquarium which is really close by I thought was a real let down. Houses of Parliament tour was interesting, mega security though, only available in Summer however. Madame Tussauds always fantastic silly fun and the London Dungeons if you can stomach it. There is also loads of bus and boat tours around London and on the Thames. Go for the Ducktours one! Ha ha! Other places that are just nice to walk around Hyde Park, Trafalgar etc.

You might even like to pop down to Broadway catch a musical or something, might be a little treat for you and your friend. Nice night out aswell.

The trendy, but what I'd class more normal nightclubs, where you would meet cool people (not like Chinawhite or anything!) are ones like Ministry of Sound, Fabric and Turnmills in Clerkenwell. Shoreditch's Plastic People it's kind of eclectic though and like Cargo Club and Herbal close by. The Lab on Old Compton Street, nice atmosphere, kind of packed though. Soho Revue Bar (might like to check events though unless you can handle a drag queens night!). The Vauxhall Renaissance Rooms Rollerdisco is something different to try. I also really like going to music evenings, kind of helps when you know the bars owner too! My favourite The Bedford in Balham. Good food, nice for relaxing. Also like Ronnie Scott's, also Soho. Nice jazz club, starts off a night for me. I'm thinking with all this information I have I might be going out too much though.

Anyway I wish you a fantastic trip!

emeraldjewels

I don't live in london so i'm not sure about the nightlife.

But, I just wanted to add that in London there is probably someone of every nationality in world, don't worry about not speaking perfect english. You will get around easy enough.