Travelling to Israel with pro palettes...

hellman

Normally when I travel for a weekend or a few days trip, I will bring a quad with two browns for day and then some colours or dark shadows for going out at night. However, I'm going to be travelling in Israel for 6 weeks and I know I will be going out a lot in the evenings. I'll also be out and about during the day so I definitely need shadows for then too. What I've decided to do is pick out some colours into one 15-pan palette that I will take with me, so most of my shadows (I have 2 more full ones) can stay safe at home.

Does anyone have recommendations for how I should travel with my palette? Should I check it, or put it in a carry on? How should I pack it? Are a bunch of paper towels sufficient to protect the shadows or should I put some sort of foam in it? Does anyone have horror stories of everything shattering and how I should avoid that?

Also, I have a bunch of pressed pigments in my palettes. Are they more prone to breaking than normal shadows? I.e, to avoid getting pigments all over my normal shadows, should I not take any pigments?

Thanks =)

Also, if any of you Israelis would be interested, I wouldn't mind a friend =) For most of my trip, I will be outside Netaniya with my family for a few days when I first arrive, then Jerusalem for 10 days (but I'll probably be really busy because I'll be training to work for MDA), and then Tel Aviv for the rest of my 6 weeks.

S

DirtyHarriet

there is a thread in the how to section about how to travel with your cosmetics...it's pretty good...but i'm not sure if it shows the big palettes...

here is what i would do:

definitely in the carry on

wrap it in bubble wrap or something soft like a t-shirt or wash cloth

and this is the best tip i've ever seen - from a makeup artist forum - take glad press 'n seal and put it on top of the shadows before you close the lid...it keeps the shadows in place and it keeps any dust etc from migrating to other shadows...BRILLIANT!

have a safe and enjoyable trip!
smiles.gif

concertina

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarriet
and this is the best tip i've ever seen - from a makeup artist forum - take glad press 'n seal and put it on top of the shadows before you close the lid...it keeps the shadows in place and it keeps any dust etc from migrating to other shadows...BRILLIANT!

Holy Cow, that *IS* brilliant!!

zabbazooey

Quote:
there is a thread in the how to section about how to travel with your cosmetics...it's pretty good...but i'm not sure if it shows the big palettes...

here is what i would do:

definitely in the carry on

wrap it in bubble wrap or something soft like a t-shirt or wash cloth

have a safe and enjoyable trip!
smiles.gif

Thanks for the tip!!!
th_DANCE.gif

hellman

Quote:

I am SO glad you said that. I saw the other threads but I feel like a larger one is riskier. That press and seal though... what a clever idea

Thanks =)