Trend Show

cletus2894

I wasn't sure if this was the proper subtopic, but I figure it'll moved to the right one if it's not.

Has anyone been to a Nordstrom's cosmetics trend show? I just purchased two tickets, but I'm not exactly sure what to expect. Can anyone shed some light on what they're like? Thanks!!

mekaboo

I have never been to it but I saw on the website that it is supposed to be something called Huessence coming out and they acted as if they could not give any info so I didnt purchase tickets. If you get any more info on the collection, please post it.

cletus2894

Well I know that the trend show I'm going to is more than just MAC. It's all of the brands (I think) that Nordstrom's carries - or at least has counters for. The show is next Saturday and I'll def post any news that I find out!

sonodara

Typically with Nordstrom trend shows, doors open at 8 or 8:30am, they have breakfast and beverages, there is a fashion show, where they showcase new clothes and new make-up trends for whatever season they are doing. They typically do a lot of giveaway baskets of make-up and skincare that Nordstrom carries. (It is usually done by pulling your name out of a hat; they use the portion of the ticket you filled out with your name and phone number) Then if you have booked an appt at one of the make-up counters or skin care counters, you go to your appt. and $5 from your ticket is put towards your cosmetic/skin care purchase.

glittergoddess27

Our Nordies in the past has done Traincases free with a $75 purchase,.. served food like mini creme brulee, tarts, chocolate cupcakes, had a smashbox artist do demonstrations on apply false lashes,.. it was a great bunch of fun!

greatscott2000

YES! I went to one in June. You get a VIP lanyard you wear. You get a make-up box ( in june it was a teal traincase). At 8am they give you a nodies box with continental breakfast with coffee and juice and you enter a raffle. Some national makeup artists come out and promote the new trends and looks that their makeup lines have. The have models displaying the looks. Then at around 11 the makeovers start ( when you pay the $15, you make an appointment at the makeup counter of your choice) at that the time scheduled you get a makeover. In between that time you can visit the counters for free samples of new products and stuff. When you get the makeover- the $15 goes towards your product purchase.

FacesbyNiki

My store is having our Trend Show Nov. 11th (shameless plug), if you are in my area, please call or come by and make an appointment. We are having Senior Artist Shantall from NY coming in and doing a wonderful demo.

:dancey:

Marcita

I think every city does Trend Show slightly differently. I've never had the price of the ticket apply to my cosmetic purchases. The ones I've been to have had breakfast and everyone got a small container with samples (they've gotten skimpier over the years). You get a booklet with who has gwp and what each brand is featuring. My store doesn't give out samples as you walk around.
I've always enjoyed these and it's worth it to go to at least one. I try to schedule my makeover within an hour or two after the show is over so that I'm not standing around spending more money! But it's wild after the show with all the people rushing to their appointments.