Tricky Paints!

doodles

I'm experimenting with using MAC's Paint in Bare Canvas as an e/s base. Does anyone have any tips on using just the right amount? It always seems like one eye will be fine but the other will have a little more on it so I have to use more e/s to prevent lopsided lids. lol

tiramisu

I assume you don't mean that you have the age old issue that people seem to have about it squirting out like mad causing you to use too much, right?
-if that's your issue, that's easily fixed by rolling the crimped end out once or twice beyond how it comes when you first buy it. Do this before you open the cap.... wth this method I've never had that issue that other ppl complain about!

But If you mean you don't put an equal quantity on your lids, I've always found it best to place the small amount on the back of my hand, spread it out a bit there, and then use my ring finger to apply to each lid, building the color up slower so there's an equal amount on each lid. Once that's done, it let it set and then get to work with whatever powder shadows I'm using on top.

I hope that helps!!
wavey.gif

VeXedPiNk

I just REALLY lightly squeeze until a bit comes out (like a millimeter). Then I take what I squeezed out onto my finger and dab it on a few spots on one eyelid. And then I blend it all together with my finger.

That way I'm only using a teeny tiny amount, but can still add a bit more if I need to without using waaaay too much.

doodles

Those were two very good tips tiramisu!! I got better results today!
smiles.gif
Thank you everyone!

msmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodles
I got some slight creasing last night.
ssad.gif
Maybe I didn't use enough...?

Paints usually crease on me unless I use a dab of UDPP under them. I love paints - I am a little late on the bandwagon as I just got some the other day.