triple barrel help

Green Eyes

So I am thinking about buying a triple barrel to create that "wavy" look. 1. Does anyone have any experience with these irons?
2. Do they work?
3. How do you use them?

Thanks in advance!

girlstar

Oooh, oooh I think I can answer
greengrin.gif

1. Yes I have experience with them.

2. Yes they work.

3. Pretty much the same way you would use a crimper.

We used these for a lot of shows in 2005. When we wanted the waves to stay perfectly wavy, we would spray a 2-3 inch wide piece of hair with hairspray before ironing. Then iron, starting at the top, to the bottom.. and everytime you move down the hair with the iron, you make sure to line up the uppermost barrel with the wave that was previously made with the lowermost barrel, or it doesn't look right. (I really hope that sentence makes sense to you!
greengrin.gif
) Then when done, spray with hairspray again. That creates really stiff waves, and also gets the barrels all icky.

I did it a few times on my hair (with no product, I sprayed my entire head with hairspray once it was done), and the end result was a really nice, natural-looking wave. I have naturally very thick and straight hair.

It's hard to do it yourself though, when it comes to the back of your head. It's *so* helpful to have a friend to do it for you. It also takes forever if you have thick or long hair. It took me at least an hour with bra-strap-length hair. Oh, and make sure your hair is fully dry before you put the iron on it
smiles.gif

Hope this helps!

girlstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyes
thanks a lot...i will definitely try it out...do you have any pictures with it done - either you or the people in the show? if so, can you email them to [email protected] thanks

I looked when I posted that first one, but I'm going to look again.

am.jpg

I had to whiteout the face cos' it's not me. Just in case. Btw, this girl normally has stick straight hair, and this was after a 3 hr long show, and about 3 hrs of partying
winks.gif

luckyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlstar
I looked when I posted that first one, but I'm going to look again.

am.jpg

I had to whiteout the face cos' it's not me. Just in case. Btw, this girl normally has stick straight hair, and this was after a 3 hr long show, and about 3 hrs of partying
winks.gif

I just bought one of these and this is exactly what I want my hair to look like but am having problems. DO you have any tips? My hair is on the thin side but I have alot of it. TIA

NFTP

1. Does anyone have any experience with these irons?
i have one and have used it before
2. Do they work?
it takes patience, and a a bit of product, but i liked the results.
3. How do you use them?
In order to get good results, and not end up with frizzy hair, or parts of hair that were missed by the iron, its a good idea to do this when you have patience, and enough time. Usually, I can complete this look in one hour, give or take.

28642377_m.jpg
jenn2cb1.png

for these pictures i was in a weird mood, and wanted a crazy look
in this picture after i was done, i just sprayed tons of hairspray and messed up my hair to see how poufy i could get it. in the pic on the right i added less hair product.

1)Plug in the iron, and wait for it to heat up.

2)separate hair into sections so its easier to handle while waving. Use a comb or brush to divide hair into manageable sections. Use clips or scrunchies to hold hair into temporary ponytails.

3)apply styling product ( i prefer wax, and hairspray for hold) to a small portion of hair that is not clipped back. (you will unclip portions as you heat them)

4) start at the portions of hair that are closest to your roots, and make sure the iron is aligned as you heat it. you will move the iron down the hair towards the end. you should stay in each area of the hair for about 10-15 seconds depending on how hot the iron is set.

5) when you are done, unplug the iron. add spray for an extra bit of hold.

xsnowwhite

i have a vidal sassoon one and i love it! It really does work although it takes a while but the result is worth it :] Basically you just stick hair into the thing and hold it forl ike 15/20 seconds depending on how wavy you want it and move down the section of hair if that makes sense.

angelar1975

Triple Barrel Products

Hi There,

I just purchased a triple barrel iron! I'm very excited and tried it out quickly today......ended up with a puffball!!!!!
fluffy.gif
BF found it VERY amusing!
I need help!!!! What product is the best to use on your hair pre and post barrelling?????

girlstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelar1975
Hi There,

I just purchased a triple barrel iron! I'm very excited and tried it out quickly today......ended up with a puffball!!!!!
fluffy.gif
BF found it VERY amusing!
I need help!!!! What product is the best to use on your hair pre and post barrelling?????

I just use a lot of hairspray..
smiles.gif