Trouble with my liner.

M.A.C. head.

Hey ladies and gents.

I need some help because I'm having major troubles with my eye liner. I have what you call "hooded" lids, as in the skin over my brow bone sort of hangs over my lid when my face relaxes. Because of this, I always get a line of eye liner in the middle of my shadow :'( It looks AWFUL! I'm looking for help on how to avoid this.

I realize that I could try doing the line smaller/thinner, but I like my liner medium-thick. Are there any recommendations for way to "set" the liner? I use Kohl Power liners, if that helps.

Thanks in advance everyone!

cetati

I guess you can dab/press a little bit of Carbon over it, but I eliminated the problem for myself by using UDPP. I use Blacktrack and it hasn't been a huge problem for me, but I do get the annoying pressed over transfer with UD 24/7 liners.

kimmy

a liquid or cream liner might help resolve this problem.
winks.gif

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
a liquid or cream liner might help resolve this problem.
winks.gif

That's what I was thinking. Maybe try Fluidlines.

kittykit

I've the same problem with kohl eyeliner. After trying Fluidline, there's no way I'll get another kohl eyeliner!
smiles.gif

Zoffe

I had that problem before I started using fluidlines.
Not anymore
greengrin.gif

I guess setting the fluidline with black e/s(if using a black f/l, of course xD ) would make it stay in place even better
smiles.gif

emeraldjewels

I agree with using carbon or any colour eyeshadow over the liner to 'set' it. I have the most success with my eyeliner when I do this :)

Nemo

I have the same problem. Fluidline works the best for me, but make sure you keep your eyes closed or you lids lowered until it dries or you will get a huge line of fluidline across your lid.
I have tried setting my creme/kohl liners with carbon, and it looks like it will work great, but half way through the day I realize that the top on my eye has a muddy line through it.
But thank you for starting this thread. There have been other great ideas I might try! Thank you everyone!

Dulcimera

First "real" post so please be kind if I'm in wrong place or something.

I too have this problem. I use UDPP, I use gel e/l and let it dry, and I layer e/s over it but I still have a problem with the mid-lid transfer after an hour or so.

Has anyone tried a spritz of MAC Fix+ to deal with this problem? I'm thinking of trying that.

glassy girl

The best thing 2 use is liquid liner , i sometime find fluidliner 2 transfer if im having a long day but there better than a pencil imo. I don't set my stuff with a eyeshadow cuz the eyeshawdow part will transfer eventully. The stuff that won't budge is waterproff liquid just let it dry and u will b good 2 go.

SarahAfshar

I would try to use a liner such as Playboy Beauty's Pick-Up liner which is a combination of a retractable pen and liquid liner. It makes it a lot easier to control more than applying it with a brush. If you don't want to switch liners, simply use a different brush. Try using a crease brush to apply the product rather than a liner brush.