True Blood *May contain Spoilers!*

MzzRach

Is anyone else watching this new show on HBO? They've only aired 2 episodes so far, but I am kind of digging it. It's an interesting premise. Graphic violence and sex, though, so if that offends you, this show may not be for you.

Here's a link to the show's page on HBO.com:

HBO: True Blood

purrtykitty

DH has been watching, which of course means I catch some of the show, too. It is pretty interesting, the whole Vampires' rights premise is a bit amusing. It will be interesting to see how the show plays out.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
It is pretty interesting, the whole Vampires' rights premise is a bit amusing. It will be interesting to see how the show plays out.

Yes, it will be indeed. The vampires' rights thing is very interesting - potential for some interesting political allegories, at least.

Janice

I caught the first episode, but missed the second (I'll catch it this week) and so far it's OK. Being a fan of the books, it's always difficult to have the world in your imagination totally turned upside down after seeing it visualized by someone else.

TBH - I don't think I like either of the actors picked for the main characters (Bill and Sookie).
ssad.gif

MzzRach

I did not realize this was based on books - I am a total book worm. Worth checking out, Janice?

Dahlia_Rayn

I watched the first episode, it intrigues me thus far, but we'll have to see if it holds my interest.
I usually love all things vampire!

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I did not realize this was based on books - I am a total book worm. Worth checking out, Janice?

Sure, the author is fairly prolific and has a couple other series that I like too. The authors name is Charlaine Harris.

Shimmer

It was a train wreck for me, honestly. The acting was...horrid. I only watched the first episode, admittedly, but that was enough to make my ears and mind very unhappy.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
It was a train wreck for me, honestly. The acting was...horrid. I only watched the first episode, admittedly, but that was enough to make my ears and mind very unhappy.

LOL! Wasn't quite that bad for me, found it interesting enough to keep me watching a few episodes before I decide whether or not to continue.

It's been kind of a mix of cheesy and intriguing to me so far. I'm hoping that it improves, we'll see.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
TBH - I don't think I like either of the actors picked for the main characters (Bill and Sookie).
ssad.gif

Oooohh..I agree about Anna Paquin. She is SO annoying. She looks so dim-witted and lost half the time. She's always looking so awkward and uncomfortable. I do like Bill, though. I think he's a good actor. I never read the books though so I have nothing to compare him to.

As for the show, I like it. I always like vampire movies and tv shows so that's not a surprise.

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Oooohh..I agree about Anna Paquin. She is SO annoying. She looks so dim-witted and lost half the time. She's always looking so awkward and uncomfortable. I do like Bill, though. I think he's a good actor. I never read the books though so I have nothing to compare him to.

As for the show, I like it. I always like vampire movies and tv shows so that's not a surprise.

ITA! I'm going to keep watching and see where it goes. At least they got rid of that one girl, Sookie's best friend from the pilot episode. She was TERRIBLE, lol.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
ITA! I'm going to keep watching and see where it goes. At least they got rid of that one girl, Sookie's best friend from the pilot episode. She was TERRIBLE, lol.

Who was that? I thought her best friend was that black chick. I wish they would get rid of her. She is ignorant as hell and always angry. I'm a bit over the angry, ignorant, black bitch characters. They could have done better.

Care

omg i get together with my friend on sundays now to watch this show

soooo freaking funny!

elmo1026

I love this show. I am a vampire lover. and i just started the twilight series so this show appeals to me. I love how they are connection the vampires to their human relatives. I love how they are discussing Vampires like it is a mob. I am actually falling in love with the some of the characters like TARA. I love her voice. this show is at the top of my list.

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Who was that? I thought her best friend was that black chick. I wish they would get rid of her. She is ignorant as hell and always angry. I'm a bit over the angry, ignorant, black bitch characters. They could have done better.

Yup, Tara. In the pilot she was played by Brook Kerr and was replaced by Rutina Wesley (from that How She Move movie). If you think the sterotypical angry black girl character is annoying, you should have seen her played by Brook! SO BAD omg, I couldn't help but laugh every time she spoke.

Janice

FYI - If you missed the second episode (LIKE ME!) it's coming on again tonight @ 10:30 CST. I'll be watching it.
greengrin.gif
(so NO MORE spoilers!)

gooblyglob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia_Rayn
I usually love all things vampire!

it sounds interesting - I hope it shows in Australia (although I should check if it hasn't already, I'm terrible at following what's on tv as I don't watch it too much nowadays)

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo1026
I am actually falling in love with the some of the characters like TARA. I love her voice.

Really?????? I want to claw her mouth or my ears off every time she talks.

elmo1026

Quote:
Really?????? I want to claw her mouth or my ears off every time she talks.

I love southern accents. Pretty much I am a suffer for an accent. especially, if a guy has a british accent i am in love.

Shimmer

That's not Southern.
It's affected, but not Southern. :/
Which is sad because that region of LA has a fantastic cadence. :/

Latest posts