True purple e/s shades?

more_please

I love wearing purple e/s (something about my hazel eyes and dark hair
smiles.gif
), but lately I've fallen into a trap of only buying very pinky-purple e/s, like leisuretime (belle azure). Also, many shades that are purple on other ppl aren't on me...like sketch seems brown, nocturnelle is more pink, and trax looks more dirty and gold.

So I'm looking for recs for really purple purples! I have violet pigment
eyelove.gif
, but I'd like some darker shades, and possibly less sparkly, aka no lustres.

Thanks mac-onistas!

Kat

I love parfait amour dearly but to me it is quite reminiscent of violet pigment. I also like Beautiful Iris but it certainly isn't dark!

I wish Mac would come out with a true midnight purple.

glittergoddess27

Well I would go pigments,.. and get Violet pigment,.. the only really "purple" purple that I have gotten from MAC tha is the bomb of purples was Endless Love from the Diana collection,.. I call it my Super purple,....

litlaur

ITA with pumpkincat. Purple Haze can be hard to work with, but it's a great color. Au Contraire is a great dark purple, but it might be hard to find.

Based on the picture on Sephora, Nars Lulu looks like it might be a nice dark purple.

bocagirl

I'm not sure if Plum Dressing is purple. You could also try getting a sample of Deep Purple Pigment.

Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
I love parfait amour dearly but to me it is quite reminiscent of violet pigment. I also like Beautiful Iris but it certainly isn't dark!

I wish Mac would come out with a true midnight purple.

I was thinking of this the last few days! I also have hazel eyes and dark hair. I have been looking for a true amethyst color purple. Rich color.

more_please

^^Thanks for those suggestions! Looks like I'll be needing shadowy lady and satellite dreams, which is a vp, i think (yay!). Anyone like Intoxicate? I'ts been described as plummy, hmm.

valley

totally go with satellite dreams, I love it. I'm going to get lavender sky when it comes out too, yay purples. Rich puple and french violet are nice too, (along with violet pigment).

Ms. Z

My vote goes to Satellite Dream, it's my favorite MAC purple. My second choice is Mystical Mist. I own Purple Haze but am not crazy about it, too chalky.

michy_mimi

today I experimented and put Shale over Stars n Rockets and it turned out an incredible smoky purple. I highly suggest that combo to you purple lovers out there.
smiles.gif