TRULY natural/holistic/organic skincare?

SagMaria

Who follows a truly organic or natural skiincare regime for face/body/hair... and I'm not talking about Lush natural as they use parabens or The Body Shop or a lot of products out there that are perceived to be natural as they are not. I'm talking about sulphate/parabene and completely chemical free products. What are you hippie dippie peeps using? I'd like some suggestion to 'freshen' up my routine, would like some new ideas for skin, body and hair care... and pets too, why not, they have skin too and can absorb shampoo through it into their blood stream!!

Fataliya

I like Garden of Wisdom's products. Take a peek, you'll be there for at LEAST an hour, lol.

That reminds me...I need to make an order...=P

SagMaria

Wow, love the name, love little 'hole in the wall' companies, will check it out and let you know what I think...

...More suggestions welcome!!!
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

mehrunissa

I've been using Talulah Skincare for about three months. I'm really loving their Violet Leaf Eye Renewal Gel and Oma Face Serum No. 1. Plus, their products smell delicious and fresh.

joanbrent

Other than skin care products when it comes to organic skin care, using fruits and vegetables for cleansing routines has become a routine for me. Ground oatmeal is especially good for oily skins and is a popular ingredient in organic skin care regimen. Milk is considered an excellent cleanser too.

tokidoki1825

After my skin had a crazy freakout--dry, red, itchy for the first time in my life--I started looking for a good organic moisturizer.

I'm using (and loving) Kiss My Face Olive and Aloe Ultra Moisturizer, and it is great--really moisturizing, but not too heavy, won't make you break out.

I don't know if it's 100% chemical-free, but it has no parabens, artificial ingredients, or artifical colors, and it is full of a ton of natural products. I really recommend it for sensitive skin.

KaylinSilver

Kiss my Face and J/A/S/O/N brands are organic and sulfate/ paraben free.
I happen to use the Kiss my Face Whenever shampoo with Green tea and Lime, and the J/A/S/O/N 98% pure aloe gel for an extra boost of moisture when I need it (like at night or just after the shower). Aloe is particularly good on sensitive skin areas just after shaving. It's also good as a mild hold hair gel.

I'd stay away from Dr. Bonner's Liquid soap. That left my skin tight, dry and itchy, even after being heavily diluted.

I also use a certified cold press castor oil for oil cleansing at night, and vitamin E oil from J/A/S/O/N to help with scars and restoring some even skin tone.

~Kaylin

I really love The Organic Pharmacy (sort of high-end high street prices). The carrot cleanser is amazing and I'm saving up to get some of there face masks. I've tried their herbal toner and jasmine night conditioner and even though I really love them too I think I could try and make my own versions at home for the price.

with.the.band

I second taking a look at Garden of Wisdom, I'm using their products for my whole skincare and my skin has never looked better, and I feel much happier knowing that I'm not slapping a bunch of chemicals on my face that might work now but damage to my skin in the long term.