Trying to make a decision. Please help!

ElvenEyes

I am torn between two handbags. The LV Speedy 35 or a Burberry plaid Speedy-style satchel. Here is my story. First of all, I don't care about which brand is worth more or more "coveted". I just want to get the right one for me. I am looking for something I can start using in August, thru November. Once it gets snowy out (and salty, sandy and messy....I live in New England) I switch to cheaper leather bags and don't even pull out my Coach until better weather or special gatherings. I also want to use it again in March. I have 2 nice new Coach bags, both brown leather. We have no LV stores here so if I bought the LV I would be buying something I have not seen in person. The Burberry I saw in Nordstroms and fell in love with instantly.

My dilemma.

LV Speedy 35. Pros is that it is dark, maybe more fall like, maybe too much like other brown bags, never seen it, 100.00 more, but still possible. Could not care less about the padlock. Will never be locking my bag! Slightly bigger, maybe shows dirt less because it is dark? Might go with more outfits as not plaid. If I don't get it will I be sorry.

Burberry Plaid Speedy Satchel thingy! I have seen it. It is cute. It is unique looking. Slightly smaller. Has pretty brown leather handles. 100.00 less. Is it too pale for fall? Is it more of a summer bag or is it just plaid because it is Burberry's signature look? Will it show more dirt? Will it be hard to match with certain outfits because of the colours and the plaid? If I don't get it will I be sorry?

Whichever one I get will be my first coated canvas bag. Any tips on care would be appreciated too. This will probably be bought tomorrow or the next day. I know people go nuts over LV, but I want it to be bought because I LOVE it, not because it is the hot trend or famous name. Do you know what I mean? Help!!

ElvenEyes

I've actually ended up deciding against the Burberry after playing with it in the store. I am now narrowed down to a LV Speedy, either a 30 or 35, and can't decide between a monogram or a Damier Ebene. Any input would be highly appreciated since this would be my first LV and they aren't exactly cheap. The 35 is only 25.00 more than the 30 so I am thinking go bigger or I might be sorry. lol

naturallyfab

Damier Ebene because I think it looks classier than the monogram. And if theres so little in price difference, I would go all out and get the big one - you never know!