• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tutorial Contest Winner February 2009: Bright and smokey look with MUFE #92!

PinkPearl

Hi everyone!
Here’s the look that I’m going for today:
24c.jpg

I tried to be as thorough as possible, but if you’re unclear about anything, just ask away!
th_wink3.gif

I’ve already done my foundation and brows before making this tutorial. On my face I used (All MAC unless noted):
Studio sculpt foundation in NC40 with a 109 brush
Select cover up concealer in NW20 for under eyes with a 188 skunk brush
Select cover up concealer in NC35 with the 195 brush
MSF natural in medium dark

For my brows I used:
Clear brow wax
Maybelline define-a-brow n dark brown
Mystery eyeshadow to set it

Ok, so let’s get started!
Here’s a picture of my half-done face lol
tong.gif

01.jpg

Apply UDPP all over the lid and blend out with your finger.
02.jpg

Take your Sea me shadestick and apply it on your eyelid, staying below the crease.
03a.jpg

03b.jpg

Blend out the harsh edges with your finger.
03c.jpg
03d.jpg

Take your Cool heat e/s and your 239 brush, and pack it on the inner corner of your eye, but not the tearduct.
04a.jpg

04b.jpg
04c.jpg

Take your MUFE #92 and your 217 brush and apply it on the rest of your eyelid, blending it with Cool heat.
05a.jpg

05b.jpg

Use your 224 brush and blend it some more by using a circular motion.
05c.jpg

It should look somewhat like this now..
05d.jpg

Take your Bright sunshine e/s (PRO) and a 228 brush and apply it on your tearduct.
06a.jpg

06b.jpg

Blend it with a 224.
06c.jpg
06d.jpg

Touch up Cool heat if you feel like it.
07a.jpg

Take Shroom e/s and your 227 brush, then apply it just below your browbone while blending out any harsh lines.
08a.jpg

07b.jpg

Take Graphology e/s and a 222 and apply it in circular motion, focusing on the outer corner.
09a.jpg

09b.jpg
09c.jpg

Blend again if you’re not happy with it lol..
09d.jpg

Now, moisten a q-tip with some makeup remover to make a sharp line. Clean up the area underneath it as well.
10a.jpg

Take your Blacktrack fluidline and a 266 brush and do your top liner however you prefer.
11a.jpg

11b.jpg

With Feline kohl power, line your lower lashline and waterline.
12a.jpg

12b.jpg

Smudge it with 219 brush.
12c.jpg

Then take Carbon e/s and your 219 brush again and apply it on top of Feline so that it’ll stay longer.
13a.jpg

13b.jpg

Curl your lashes and apply your mascara. Today I’m using my Maybelline Define-a-lash.
14a.jpg

I fixed my liner and this is what it looks like so far.
14b.jpg
14c.jpg

I love false lashes so I’m gonna put one on today. I’m using MAC #33 lashes.
15a.jpg

Put a dot of Duo lash glue on the neck of a q-tip, then apply it on the lash strip. Wait like 30 seconds or more until the glue gets tacky, and then put it on, starting from the outer edge inwards.
15b.jpg
15c.jpg

(haha you can see that I haven't done my nails on the other hand
tong.gif
)

Add liquid liner to cover the lash band. I use my UD Perversion as always.
16a.jpg

This is what it looks like so far.
16b.jpg

I contour using a Studio stick concealer in NW45, which is a couple shades darker than my skintone. Watch petrilude’s video on youtube
winks.gif

17a.jpg

I just make a line and blend it with my 188 brush.
17b.jpg
17c.jpg

This is what it looks like so far. The contour is clearer in real life though.
17d.jpg

Ok, so now take your blush of choice. I’m using Gentle mineralize blush and a 181 kabuki brush. Swirl it on your cheeks.
18a.jpg

18b.jpg
18c.jpg

To highlight, I’m using my Peach shimmer waves from The Body Shop. I guess this is like a dupe for Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks. I’m using my 165 brush to highlight.
19a.jpg

19b.jpg
19c.jpg

For the lips, I start by using Sublime culture cremestick liner to line and fill my lips.
20a.jpg

20b.jpg

On top of that, I’m using Jubilee lipstick.
21a.jpg

21b.jpg

I was gonna put on a boring nude lipgloss, but then, I decided to add something a little more fun! So I’m gonna use Nice kitty lipgloss
heart.gif

22a.jpg

22b.jpg
22c.jpg

Alright, last but not least, spray your Fix+ on a fluffy brush and tap it all over your face to give that extra glow!
23a.jpg

23b.jpg

Finally, the results!!!
24a.jpg

24b.jpg

24c.jpg

24d.jpg

24e.jpg

I hope you guys enjoy this tutorial and I hope it helps some of you!

yupitzTara

Re: Bright and smokey look with MUFE #92!

This is Pretty!!!!!!!! I love the look & am inspired to try it. thanks for the tutorial.

emmy282

Absolutely gorgeous!!!
thmbup.gif

(Now I'm going to have go about getting #92...)

bulletta

This is gorgeous! Almost rainbow-like, but not garish. And nice touch with the lips--the nude gloss wouldn't have worked as well as the peachy-pink you have here. Great job!

Latest posts