• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tutorial Contest Winner September 2008: Hot Alien Blue

aleksis210

Hey girls! I was bored, so I thought I'd get creative and try to come up with some makeup to go with something I'd like to be for halloween this year...Hope you enjoy! **The coloring is messed up in the "how-to" shots because of crappy bathroom lighting sorry..but in the final result it's true to color!

Here's what you will need!

Mac e/s:
Deep Truth
Carbon
Black Tied
Forgery
Aquadisiac
other Mac:
Rose pigment
concealer
Dainty blush

Miscellanous items that don't have to be MAC:
Black eyeliner
Silver eyeshadow
black mascara
loose powder
clear lipgloss
Brushes!

totm1010.jpg

First, Start with a clean face and add whatever foundation/concealer you use..I am going to use Crow Cosmetics Mineral Foundation in Light 2

totm0010.jpg

Prep your face with your eye primer, I am not using any in this totm because I plan on washing this off as soon as I am done! Put loose powder under your eyes to catch fallout!*I am using a lancome powder
totm0011.jpg

Now, take your 242 brush and starting at the inner corner of the eye brush on aquadisiac onto your entire lid going up into the crease a little
totm0012.jpg

totm0013.jpg

With the same brush put deep truth into your crease covering the small sliver of aquadisiac
totm0014.jpg

It should now look like this
totm0016.jpg

Take your crease brush and with a heavy coating of black tied swirl it into the outer 'v' of your eye, blend upwards,You'll see what it should look like with the next pic
totm0015.jpg

Next, take an eyeliner brush and line your top lid with a silver eyeshadow, I am using one from an le lancome quad,with that same shadow, highlight your browbrone being careful not to get any fallout on the rest of your eye makeup...
totm0110.jpg

now smudge it! But don't over do it, it disappears fast!
totm0111.jpg

Take your eyeliner brush again and line your bottom lashline with carbon
totm0113.jpg

Lastly, add a cream liner to your waterline (or whatever black liner you prefer)
totm0114.jpg

Curl your lashes and put on your mascara and we are done with the eyes!

Now onto the lips...you can save a lot of time if you have a 'pink chrome' colored lipstick or gloss

How I made my lipstick was I mixed a clear gloss with rose pigment and before I added the gloss to my lips I whited them out with concealer, I then dabbed forgery e/s on top....Voila!...Chromed out pink sexy alien girl lips lol
totm1011.jpg

I finally added some bronzer to my cheeks,forehead. nose and chin for a little dept and dainty blush to my cheeks using a small flat top brush

Final Result!
totm0711.jpg

totm0810.jpg

totm0811.jpg

totm0812.jpg

totm0410.jpg

totm0411.jpg

Whew...that was a lot of work, but hopefully you ladies enjoyed it...sorry about all the random sizes and bad quality lighting...this was my first tutorial so hopefully future ones will be way more put together...anyway, CC welcome and any general questions/comments welcome!

NicksWifey

Re: Hot Alien Blue with her pink chrome lipstick

Gorgeous look! I don't think I could pull off those colors, but they look amazing on you. Great tutorial too
smiles.gif

coachkitten

I really like it! Thanks for taking the time to do this tutorial!
smiles.gif

MzzRach

Very, very cool! Futuristic - I love it!

fafinette21

Your eyeshadow is blended really nicely. Looks really cool!

kimmy

i like how you added the silver to the lid after the other colours...i'm going to have to use that trick someday.
smiles.gif

k.a.t

Thanks for this, looks great on you!

juicygirl

yay awesome skills!! i hope you win this month, you totally deserve it!!!

MACLovin

Wow, what a cool look! Are you going to be a sexy alien chick for halloween?
tong.gif

Thanks for the tut.. you really have awesome eyeshadow skills as far as the shape and the crease and everything.. mine never turns out so uniform like that!

Good luck in the contest!
greengrin.gif

aleksis210

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
Wow, what a cool look! Are you going to be a sexy alien chick for halloween?
tong.gif

Thanks for the tut.. you really have awesome eyeshadow skills as far as the shape and the crease and everything.. mine never turns out so uniform like that!

Good luck in the contest!
greengrin.gif

Thanks hon! I swear my eyeshadow never turns out this even!! I either want to be this or a vampire(I've never been one!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillintheblank
oh wow thats awesome! i love the clean lines for this look.

Thank you!
smiles.gif