• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tutorial: Curling hair with hair straightener [video]

Lizz

My first post. Here's a tut to create some nice sexy curls with your hair straightner. Im sorry about the bad quality of the video, if it doesnt work, let me know! Enjoy! Comments and opinions are all welcome! =D

Click on link to view: please be patient for it to load

results:
DSC01117.jpg

DSC01114.jpg

DSC01121.jpg

Lizz

It doesnt take me as long if i use the straightner because my straightner can go up to 200 degrees where as my curling tongs dont. It's acutally faster too, and i prefer the curls done with the straightner.

Dreamergirl3

thanks for this! i tried it today with my HAI convertable (which goes up to 400 degrees) and it was quick, easy, and i got some cute curls! thanks again
smiles.gif

dreita

what product do you use to make them stay longer? I know how to do them but gone so quickly

Lizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreita
what product do you use to make them stay longer? I know how to do them but gone so quickly

normally when i finish curling each individual strand i use a little bite of hair spray to lock the curls, but you can use anything

sarahbeth564

Holy crap that's amazing. But it would take me forever since I'd have to straighten my hair first and then curl it again.

But I think I'm gonna try.

Thanks so much for posting this!

Urbana

OMG! i have a multiple of those. you know, the one that has to do curls, waves, straight... and i cant use it! i dont know if its my hair or my patience, but theres something wrong always! im gonna try this way and tell you if it worked for me. im sure it will
thanx for this greaaaaat advice. you made my day. lol!

ballerino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
thanks for this! i tried it today with my HAI convertable (which goes up to 400 degrees) and it was quick, easy, and i got some cute curls! thanks again
smiles.gif

LOL omg i highly doubt your straightener goes up to 400 degrees, there wouldnt be anything left of your hair if that was the case!!!! Do you know how hot 400 degrees is???!!!!!
icon_eek.gif

faerie_bel

That's nifty! Like another person said - I knew you could do it but was never quite sure how ;-) It looks like it would take a long time to do though. I have a curling iron which I hardly use because it takes forever!

LoisLane22

A hairdresser showed me few months back how to curl hair using a ghd straightener. I tried it on my sister last Saturday (she has long hair, I don't) with no luck. But now I get it!!!!! I'll have to try again.

THANK-YOU!!!!!

glamella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerino
LOL omg i highly doubt your straightener goes up to 400 degrees, there wouldnt be anything left of your hair if that was the case!!!! Do you know how hot 400 degrees is???!!!!!
icon_eek.gif

Yep, it is indeed 400-440 degrees for the good straighteners. They have diff temo settings and mine also goes to 440.