Twilight Makeup

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by queli13
the twilight woods perfume at b&bw smells yummy
smiles.gif
idk if that's associated with the movie or not though

It completely, totally isn't; I doubt Limited Brands would sign any kind of deal with Twilight, because it's different target demographics (and, in all honesty, Twilight's target demographic happens to be a notable shoplifting demographic for B&BW). I think they were just trying to come up with a name similar to their Moonlit Path that got people interested in the scent.

obscuria

These products have been plastered all over the magazines lately but I don't see anything special about them. I'm not a big fan of twilight though, Kristen Stewart and her horrible acting chops bother me to no end. Who really needs to stutter and bite their lips that much anyway?

On a lesser-than-related-to-the-makeup note, this article/comic about twilight amused me greatly. How Twilight Works - The Oatmeal -

nebbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannef
Okay, the makeup looks rather gimmiky. But OMFG Wuthering Heights! I googled "wuthering heights + twilight" and LMFAO! Why in the world would they do that?
th_confused_new.gif

LOL! THAT'S WHAT I SAID!
It's not that they're marketing makeup to prepubescent teenagers, it's that they've slapped TWILIGHT on it.

And on a classic novel. Public domain or not, that's a classic!!

tina1wina13

Interesting thoughts!
th_LMAO.gif

Ok I personally loved the books, I read all of them good stuff. The first movie kinda let me down, Kristin Stewart is a horrible actress. She's like that guy from Superbad (tall skinny guy) who plays in Juno, she has the same "character/personality" in all her movies
nope.gif
The second movie was really good, I admit it I do really love the twighlight thing.

Anyway, I posted a thread asking about this line, they sell it at ULTA, so it can't be that bad/terrible. Anyway I did get to test some of it out today. The loose shadows are not that great, and cost he same as bare escentuals. The lipgloss has a funky smell. I do like the lip venom but it's just a repackage of duwop. I only saw the Volturi set though, I didn't see the glitter spray on display either. I couldn't get myself to purchase any of it though because of the price. It's all a lot more expensive than mac, about the price of nars

YuzuBunny

i have doubts about this makeup because i saw it at both Ulta and Nordstrom. I guess any retailer will jump on the trend to make a buck...

shatteredshards

I read fanfic written better than the Twilight series (that isn't based on a Mary Sue, either) on a daily basis, but I digress. To each his own.

This line's been out for months, still outrageous prices, still nothing special about the line except the packaging, and still no listed ingredients. It screams private label/repacker, which means we can probably find the same stuff for much cheaper elsewhere.

Hello Kitty MAC was still MAC - I'm not paying out the tush for some unknown brand probably full of talc and fillers to boot.

Meisje

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
Hello Kitty MAC was still MAC - I'm not paying out the tush for some unknown brand probably full of talc and fillers to boot.

I was thinking that --- I got the Hello Kitty Lucky Tom quad, partly because it was Hello Kitty, but also partly because I knew the shadow in it was incredible
smiles.gif

Mabelle

I dont give a damn about the rest of this line, but i love me some of that lip venom. It's the same price as regular lip venom, so i dont mind paying for it. Plus it turns my lips the nicest shade of red ever.

But the rest of this line looks cheap as sin. Originally i thought it was all by duwop and thought; "despite the gimmickiness, maybe it could be interesting." The packaging was certainly nice. That being said, its all bland and cheap looking. oh well.

nebbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina1wina13
Kristin Stewart is a horrible actress. She's like that guy from Superbad (tall skinny guy) who plays in Juno, she has the same "character/personality" in all her movies
nope.gif

Ahh, typecast. I noticed that. I saw another movie with her in it the other day, and I was like OH SHIT, IT'S BELLA! No difference whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina1wina13
they sell it at ULTA, so it can't be that bad/terrible.

Ehhh ... I don't know about that. I recall seeing NYC at Ulta & that brand sucks something terrible.

Latest posts