Two color boredom

Calhoune

I need help, oh wonderful people of Specktra
ssad.gif

My eye-makeup routine has been the same for as long as I can remember (highlighter + 2 colors) Lately, those two colors have just been two different shades of brown. Today I threw some grey in there which was actually a big thing for me haha
I don't think I'll ever get out of the two color-rut but I'd like some combos that are bright and fun that would go with my coloring, I'm open to anything!
winkiss.gif

Here we go:
(Sorry some pictures are so dark, figuring out the cam still)

p1000100ib3.jpg

p1000094iy8.jpg

p1000105pg0.jpg

p1000127vd4.jpg

Glasses, unruly hair and kissy face, just because I can!
cutey.gif

Face:
Foundation: Max Factor Age Renew; 80 bronze
Powder: MAC MSF Medium Dark, Select Sheer Pressed Powder NC20
Blush: MAC Style

Eyes:
Base: Chapstick
Eyeshadow: MAC Saturnal;lide&lower liner Clinique Rum Spice;crease Revlon matte highlight from Coffee Bean quad
Liner: MAC Smolder Lumene liquid liner
Mascara: Rimmel Volume Flash

Lips:
Lipgloss: Clinique Peony Pop

Thank you!

Le-Saboteur

Man, you are gorgeous! I love the lipgloss. I've never heard of using chapstick as a base for eyeshadow, does it work?

Gold and bronze colours are still pretty safe, but give a bit of colour. You should start with that, or some forest greens. Mmm, forest green.

Calhoune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le-Saboteur
Man, you are gorgeous! I love the lipgloss. I've never heard of using chapstick as a base for eyeshadow, does it work?

Gold and bronze colours are still pretty safe, but give a bit of colour. You should start with that, or some forest greens. Mmm, forest green.

Chapstick works great for me. It's more like an all around stick-balm to me be used on dry elbows, cuticles and lips and stuff like that but I just swipe my finger over it and dab on my lid. It gets sticky which makes the eyeshadow grab on really well, it works better then my shadesticks so I like it. Plus it's alot cheaper!

I've been eyeing bronze colors but I'm not sure how the warmer colors would go on me so I'm still looking for one that's a bit neutral.
And greens you say? Hmm

Thanks!
cutey.gif

Le-Saboteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoune
Chapstick works great for me. It's more like an all around stick-balm to me be used on dry elbows, cuticles and lips and stuff like that but I just swipe my finger over it and dab on my lid. It gets sticky which makes the eyeshadow grab on really well, it works better then my shadesticks so I like it. Plus it's alot cheaper!

I've been eyeing bronze colors but I'm not sure how the warmer colors would go on me so I'm still looking for one that's a bit neutral.
And greens you say? Hmm

Thanks!
cutey.gif

I may have to try using chapstick... I've never thought about using it on anything other than my lips, heh.

I'm pretty pale with neutral-cool toned skin and bronze colours look pretty good on me, I think anyone can pull them off with the right application. I do love my bronzes though, so I'm quite biased on this subject
sneaky.gif
And there's a green to look good on everyone.

makeba

You have such beautiful skin and features. Why not try colors like antiqued, woodwinked, cocomotion pigment and satin taupe all by MAC. i bet these colors would be stunning on you. their the "safe" colors but still give that extra shimmer that is very pretty.

ilovecheese

Lovely make-up! You look gorgeous! May I suggest some olives and plum colours? Definitely going to try chapstick on my eyes now..

Latest posts