two/three questions about MAC events.

missdiorable

so i really want to go to one and i was wondering do you just call your mac counter and say i want to come to your cultureboom event or is it invite only. i have no clue and htere is a cultureboom even coming up at pentagon city mall and i have another question if cultureboom comes out feb 16th wat happens if they run out of cultureboom items? or do they have some saved for the event?

TIA

Isis

There is??? There's no way I'm taking the metro though when I get off! The evening crush is bad.
Oh it's in the FS. I thought it was going to be at Nordies. You should definitely book an appointment. That store can get pretty crazy. Invites are usually sent out for previews I believe.

missdiorable

haha yeah that mall is crowed at like 11 in the morning bc of people who come from pentagon to pentagon city mall... i guess we know where their paychecks go. yeah i think i might book appt. an early bday gift but not really since my birthday is in the same month but thanks you guys

Ms. Z

I was invited to the Culturebloom event when I so happened to stop by the store that will have it. I was invited to two others (one at Saks and a class at a free standing store) because a salesperson called me.

saucipinkbabydoll

Anyone is invited to go to the events.It's best to either call or go to the counter to book an appointment.The cost is I believe $40,but it's redeemable in products. I hope this helps and have fun!

glittergoddess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucipinkbabydoll
Anyone is invited to go to the events.It's best to either call or go to the counter to book an appointment.The cost is I believe $40,but it's redeemable in products. I hope this helps and have fun!

Our MAC stores have at least three kinds of "events" (Maybe they aren't all called events?) that I have been to,.. the launch event where anyone can come to the store,..and have a makeover if they have scheduled it on the day of the launch,..(Sometimes it costs and sometimes not,.. the $40 here is normally for any makeover appointment even when there is no launch if you want the exclusive treatment) and then the showing where you can sign up and pay a small sum (Like $10) and attend and you get that back in product after the show usually held in a different room than the counter is located,.. (I went to Beau at Nordies like this) and the private stuff like the new Culutrebloom thing coming up on the 13th. I know that the Culturebloom event here that the pretty invites have been circulating about is just that,..ours is by invite only,.. I called my store manager to ask if I needed to keep my actual invite since I have confirmed my appointment (No $$ is involved for this appointment) and was told an emphatic yes. They are going to be closing the store to the general public and serving alcoholic beverages (they have called to remind me twice that I need to bring an ID and that my guest will need hers also,..they really don't want me to forget about it I guess) and little canapes,...I think it just depends on what's going on. It kinda makes me wonder that they are tracking the spending because I noticed that all the people I know here that are big spenders/really frequent customers got their invites way before anyone else did locally,.....Its a good plan though,.. feed us,.. liquor us up,.. and then bring out all the pretty shiny things,.. LOL. Nordies really gets me on this when they do the whole Trend event in the Spring and Fall.

Latest posts